User Tag List

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Camco Rhino Heavy Duty 36 Gallon Or 28 Gallo?

Shopping a grey tote and wish for one to mount on ladder. Making this my choice. Pros and cons about the 28 vs the 36? The 36 is only a couple inch different in length, height and width.. thought I’d ask here prior to buying, for you opinions?
    Thanks
    Lakeland FL.
    2016 1500 Ram Crew
    2019- imagine-2150RB

Mentioned
    189 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Do you have a specific situation/location where you need a waste tote? I ask because we carried one around for our first year of full-timing and never used it. Sold it to a young enlisted couple at the FamCamp at FT Polk. If you really need one, I'd go with the larger capacity for just a few inches in size... fewer trips to the dump.

Rob
    U.S. Army Retired
    2012 F350 DRW CC LB Lariat PS 6.7
    2020 Solitude 310GK-R, MORryde IS, disc brakes,
    Sailun LRG tires, solar, DP windows, W/D
    (Previously in a Reflection 337RLS)
    Full time since 08/2015

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You would be toting 68 lbs. more to the dump station. I prefer the lighter loads. I empty before tanks are full anyway. Just easier for me to maneuver from camper to truck.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We do mostly State parks, so grey tank will give us longer showers! Yep larger is my thought , too. For just a few inches.

Mentioned
    136 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    If you do a lot of state parks I say get the larger one. Make sure you get one where the handle can attach to a ball on your truck.

I've had one for years and have only needed it at state parks. We eventually got rid of ours, but it was handy when we had it...at state parks anyway.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
    2023 Momentum 398M-R
    2023 Ford F-450

SOLD - 2021 Reflection 311BHS
    SOLD - 2017 Momentum 399TH

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Comes with a tow bar for pulling on the hitch. Yep, large. Can always fill partially if to heavy. But will hold one of my two grey water tanks.
    Lakeland FL.
    2016 1500 Ram Crew
    2019- imagine-2150RB

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You can stop at 28 gallons in the larger one if you need to for weight. You can’t put 36 gallons in the smaller one though.
    Charlie
    Vickie & Charlie
    2019 310GK-R
    2020 RAM Longhorn DRW Cummins /Aisin

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We went with the 28 gallon because it is heavy enough when full. It usually takes four trips with it to empty all of our tanks once a week.
    2019 Ford F-350 Limited
    2019 Grand Design Solitude 384GK

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Smaller or larger? Hmmm! I went with the larger. I carried it in the pickup bed in front of the hitch. Our Cedar Creek had smaller tanks than our new Momentum, so I used it about 3-4 times a year. Since buying the Momentum with larger holding tanks I didn't use it for over a year and gave it away recently.

A couple of lessons learned using them. Be mindful of the wheels, they fall off. So if you know ahead of time that it happens you can watch for it and fix them before you have a tank full half way to the dump station.

I put a gate valve on the end of the intake hose so I had a means of stopping the flow, sometimes the full indicator works and sometimes it doesn't. Having a full tank with a full hose and no means of cutting it off presents an interesting challenge.

The fill hose they put on them is pretty cheap, it's a lot easier to puncture and break than the normal sewer hose you use. It's not hard to replace, just be sure to clean it out good before you start.

While the PVC tanks hold up pretty good the hose connections can be rotted by UV. Tire spray seems to help some.
    Dallas
    2017 Momentum 376TH, 2019 Ford F450, Dual Rear Wheel, 4x4, diesel.
    2015 Harley-Davidson Street, XG750

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We are also full-timers and went with the 28-gallon Camco, after having a 36-gallon of another brand. Much happier with the 28-gallon because it is less cumbersome to manage getting on to the ladder and less weight to pull to dump when walking, particularly on gravel, grass etc. The reality for me when it came to maximizing the dump and trips to the dump was, our grey tanks are 50-gallon each (we have a composting toilet) so regardless whether the 28-gallon or the 36-gallon we had before, to fully empty one tank requires two dumps anyway. The smaller size and less weight was more beneficial than a few extra gallons I would have to dump twice anyway.
    Regards, Bruce, Lin An, Kenji & Suki (Our two Akitas)
    2019 Solitude 310GK-R
    2015 Ram 3500 Big Horn CC, TD, Aisin Tranny, DRW

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast