User Tag List

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Pre Delivery Inspection Rig is already Winterized

Hello All,
    So we are expection a PDI on NOV 1st. However I read somewhere that all rigs after 10/1 come winterized from the factory. That being said how would I go about a PDI? run water and pressurize through everything and have them winterize again?? thats my gut but im worried they are going to charge me again to winterize. oh well!! I will try to let you know what happens!
    2017 F350 SRW CCSB
    2020 Reflection 31MB

Mentioned
    187 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yes - de-winterize, fill fresh tank, operate everything on both city water and the pump, and check under the kitchen and bathroom cabinets, behind the Nautilus panel and anywhere else in the basement you can see. Then re-winterize.

Rob
    U.S. Army Retired
    2012 F350 DRW CC LB Lariat PS 6.7
    2020 Solitude 310GK-R, MORryde IS, disc brakes,
    Sailun LRG tires, solar, DP windows, W/D
    (Previously in a Reflection 337RLS)
    Full time since 08/2015

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Great thank you! They are already trying to tell me it's not necessary... Psst!! time to play hard ball

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
    2017 F350 SRW CCSB
    2020 Reflection 31MB

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    During a PDI, everything is necessary. Seeing that you are from Michigan, my guess is that you are planning to winterize it afterward. Take some time and watch some YT videos about winterizing and I'm sure that there are hundreds of discussions here and thousands on the IRV2 website. Part of your PTI and rig hands on tutorial should be draining your water system and how to winterize it. Make the plumbing inspection the first system on your list, then drain it as you work thru the other stuff, then finish up with winterizing.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    My first GDRV was PDI’d in February. After I went through the PDI, and before I finished paperwork, I had them re winterize it. Was a non-issue. No big deal to them and was done in a couple minutes.
    2017 Grand Design Solitude 379fls-r

2015 F250 FX4 6.7