User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

DeWalt ToughSystem

Has anyone installed the DeWalt Tough System storage rack and boxes in their RV? I recently got a handful of their boxes and like them a lot for storing tools and stuff in the pass through on my Solitude, they allowed me to clean up and better utilize the space instead of just throwing everything on top of each other in there. I am trying to figure out what the best way to rack the boxes would be in that tight space. My pass through has a 36" height. It would be awesome to be able to rack the boxes vs stacking them so that access to a lower box is simplified. Right now I am leaning towards buying the regular workshop rack and modding it down to the needed height - has anyone else done this or something similar?

I am looking at having 2 "stacks" with 5 boxes total. Fits all my tools neatly.

Thanks!

https://www.dewalt.com/jobsite-solutions/toughsystem
    2019 GMC Sierra 3500HD Denali Diesel DRW (Crew Cab | 8 Ft bed | OEM Puck System | Curt Gooseneck Ball for OEM Puck | Timbrens on rear axle)
    2019 Grand Design Solitude S-Class 3740BH-R Fifth Wheel (Onan 5500W LP Generator | MORryde CRE3000 and HD Shackles/Wet Bolts | 3x MORryde Cross Members | 8k Axles and Disc Brakes | Sailun S637 ST | Reese GooseBox 20k 2nd Gen | Splendide Stackable Washer and Dryer)
    Full Suite of Victron Energy Products (2x 5k 24v Quattro Inverter/Charger | 2x 25.6/200 LFP Smart LiFePO4 Batteries | 2880w of Solar Panels across 4x MPPTs | Cerbo GX)

Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    https://www.globalindustrial.com/c/s...tes-containers
    Have a look here before you pull the trigger. The plastic stackable bins are a knock off of the U-Line product and are comparable sizes. There are options for mounting racks and dividers. I think you are leaning towards the "Distribution and shipping container" type storage shown mid-page.
    I was looking for a while and found a fellow selling work carts like this on Craigslist: https://www.uline.com/BL_1825/Mobile-Workstation The carts came with 12 11x 5.5x 5 bins that hung under the cart. A great place to put and organize the collection of nuts and bolts I have. I got 6 more larger stackable bins from Global to put in my shed with all the pipe and electrical fittings sorted. I'm looking now to do what you are thinking about in my basement area.
    Also keep an eye on Home Depot after Christmas. I've noticed in the last two years they bring in many types and sizes of storage containers at great prices and put them out until all are gone.
    Last edited by Wicked ace; 10-23-2019 at 04:35 AM.
    2018 F150 XLT 301a, Screw, 4x4, HDPP, Max tow, Andersen Ultimate w/ Curt Double Lock hitch.
    2019 Grand Design Reflection 150 series 260RD.... SOLD!!!!.

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Got the first rack installed. I first reinforced the floating wall to make it stable and help it take the weight. I cut one of the 6 upright sections in half and that with a full piece was the perfect height for my passthrough. I made a stand to put my ATS on and have moved it closer to the furnace and am rearranging the pump to make that more compact and allow for greater space in the passthrough so I can put in a second rack.

I also have the folding arms on the way since the ones included with the rack are fixed. I want to be able to fold them flat out of the way when not in use to regain the space.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails IMG_20191024_172047.jpg   IMG_20191024_172416.jpg   IMG_20191024_175445.jpg   IMG_20191024_175450.jpg   IMG_20191024_121659.jpg  

2019 GMC Sierra 3500HD Denali Diesel DRW (Crew Cab | 8 Ft bed | OEM Puck System | Curt Gooseneck Ball for OEM Puck | Timbrens on rear axle)
    2019 Grand Design Solitude S-Class 3740BH-R Fifth Wheel (Onan 5500W LP Generator | MORryde CRE3000 and HD Shackles/Wet Bolts | 3x MORryde Cross Members | 8k Axles and Disc Brakes | Sailun S637 ST | Reese GooseBox 20k 2nd Gen | Splendide Stackable Washer and Dryer)
    Full Suite of Victron Energy Products (2x 5k 24v Quattro Inverter/Charger | 2x 25.6/200 LFP Smart LiFePO4 Batteries | 2880w of Solar Panels across 4x MPPTs | Cerbo GX)

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Today I made a "filler" wall extension and cut down the diagonal board to make about 8" more space in the pass through allowing for a 2nd rack to get installed (tomorrow mornings project). You can also see the stand I made for the ATS and the holes on the ground where it originally was. I moved the pump back a couple inches as well.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails New Wall.jpg   Moved ATS.jpg  

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Nice! You've got me shopping...

Red
    Location - Wherever the road takes us...Full-timers
    2015 Momentum 380
    2019 Ram Dually

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by el Rojo View Post
    Nice! You've got me shopping...

Red
    Always glad to help others spend money haha. Isn't that what this forum is all about?

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Second rack installed and folding arms demonstrated.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 2 racks.jpg  

Mentioned
    136 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by cookinwitdiesel View Post
    Second rack installed and folding arms demonstrated.
    They look good. I have craftsman version of the boxes, bit they dont have a mount like that. In one of your pictures the boxes look like there is space between them and this picture they look like they are stacked.

Do the arms allow the boxes to move up and down the rack, and can you just remove the middle or bottom box when you need it while leaving the others in place?

I think I like this Dewalt system better if you can remove one of the boxes while leaving the others in place. For mine, I have to take stuff out of the way to get to what I need which can be annoying at times.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
    2023 Momentum 398M-R
    2023 Ford F-450

SOLD - 2021 Reflection 311BHS
    SOLD - 2017 Momentum 399TH

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by FT4NOW View Post
    They look good. I have craftsman version of the boxes, bit they dont have a mount like that. In one of your pictures the boxes look like there is space between them and this picture they look like they are stacked.

Do the arms allow the boxes to move up and down the rack, and can you just remove the middle or bottom box when you need it while leaving the others in place?

I think I like this Dewalt system better if you can remove one of the boxes while leaving the others in place. For mine, I have to take stuff out of the way to get to what I need which can be annoying at times.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
    Yep, the arms are adjustable up and down by about 1.5" at a time. Each box is fully supported by its arms so they can be removed individually as needed. That is why I went with the racks to begin with - because you can actually stack and clip the boxes to each other as well but then have to pull the whole stack to get to anything besides the top box. I made them more compact as I will be adding some more boxes maxing out each rack. I love how much space this has freed up in the pass through area, and it looks good too!

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Here is another picture of the final product

I also have an open topped tote on the top position of each rack for easy access stuff like my torque wrench, impact driver, and tire pressure gauge

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_20191026_172155.jpg 
Views:	31 
Size:	95.5 KB 
ID:	23692

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast