User Tag List

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast
    Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Westlake strikes again

Our 2019 reflection 150 SERIES, with just under 4000 miles. During our trip last week to Disney we had a our first tire failure. Tires were inflated to 80psi and we stopped every 95-100 miles (small tank) during our 285 mile trek that morning. Everyone was ok, never felt it in the TV. Just heard a loud bang. We stopped within 500 ft. Its crazy how this tire blew apart. We were 15 minutes away from our destination going about 60-65 on hwy 4. Luckily this happened just as the edge of hwy opened up. So there was plenty of room to pull over, with a great view of Universals new volcano. We are now rolling on new Goodyears.
    I've read about this happening and was planing on new tires in the spring. Sorry i waited. Now I am in the process of getting pricing on repair parts for the slide skirt.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_2340.jpg 
Views:	163 
Size:	33.9 KB 
ID:	23211Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_2342.jpg 
Views:	148 
Size:	34.7 KB 
ID:	23212Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_2424.jpg 
Views:	155 
Size:	59.7 KB 
ID:	23213Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_2343.jpg 
Views:	139 
Size:	40.4 KB 
ID:	23214Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_2345.jpg 
Views:	118 
Size:	34.8 KB 
ID:	23215

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    I think it was because you’re using an Andersen hitch.

; )

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Resistance is Not Futile, It's Voltage Divided by Current.

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We have a 2018 303RLS. It probably only had around 3,000 miles on its Westlakes but as part of our planning for an Arkansas to Savannah, GA trip last month, I bought a set of Goodyears. They were expensive but much less painful than the pictures above.
    2018 Reflection 303RLS
    2015 Ford F-250 6.7 SCSB 4x4

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Good to hear everyone is OK. Curious, what load range and size are those?
    Judy & Larry
    Ty and Ali the St Bernard drool machines
    Delta, British Columbia, GWN
    2019 Imagine 2150RB - lovingly christened “IM-A-GENE” towed by Dusty via Andersen 3350.
    2018 F150 SCREW 3.5 EcoBoost Lariat - respectfully christened “Dusty”.

Long Hauler
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I switched to Bridgestone Duravis R250 ribbed tires the day after delivery to our campground--16" E range.

You wouldn't believe the difference in total weight of the tires and the thickness of the sidewalls vs. Westlakes.

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    There are those that will say this only happens on rare occasions and usually only when the RV is overloaded.

Personally I wasn’t willing to risk it and had Goodyears installed as soon as our Reflection was delivered.

lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Resistance is Not Futile, It's Voltage Divided by Current.

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Just had GY Endurance put on last Friday before leaving our workamping gig in Florida NY. Had less then 800 miles towing at that point. So glad we did! Working our way now from PA (here now), down to Delaware then Virginia and North Carolina then S. Carolina for a 3 month stay over winter. A lot more traveling.

Got 100 bucks for the Westlakes. Got 4 metal valve stems and including taxes paid 714! Rapid Tire was great to deal with. That included mounting and balancing as well.
    Jim and Belinda H. Pa.

2018 337RLS- 2nd ac, dual pane windows, table and chairs, Kodiak disc brakes 12-28-17 (Thanks Ed!)
    720w solar, 100/50 Victron scc

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Bamaman View Post
    I switched to Bridgestone Duravis R250 ribbed tires the day after delivery to our campground--16" E range.

You wouldn't believe the difference in total weight of the tires and the thickness of the sidewalls vs. Westlakes.
    Are these LT tires? I ask because I was unaware they made ST tires. I have Bridgestone Duravis on my truck, and have been very happy. They are commercial tires and very substantial.
    Regards, Bruce, Lin An, Kenji & Suki (Our two Akitas)
    2019 Solitude 310GK-R
    2015 Ram 3500 Big Horn CC, TD, Aisin Tranny, DRW

Long Hauler
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    My tires and many others being used on RV's are LT tires--E rated specifically. The Duravis R250's are ribbed tires commonly used on F450's and F550's with utility beds, cranes and tanks. Many are on trucks used by utility companies too.

Michelin makes a comparable tire of comparable quality that's priced slightly more.

The Costco manager tells me most of his Duravis sales are to the power companies. And they could last well over 100K miles given proper maintenance on an aligned truck. He's never had a comeback either. Another nice feature is that they're Tennessee made, and they come fresh out of Firestone's warehouse in Lavergne, TN--2 hrs. north of us.

There's another Duravis tire that's better suited to everyday driving on tow vehicles--the R500's.

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Bamaman View Post
    My tires and many others being used on RV's are LT tires--E rated specifically. The Duravis R250's are ribbed tires commonly used on F450's and F550's with utility beds, cranes and tanks. Many are on trucks used by utility companies too.

Michelin makes a comparable tire of comparable quality that's priced slightly more.

The Costco manager tells me most of his Duravis sales are to the power companies. And they could last well over 100K miles given proper maintenance on an aligned truck. He's never had a comeback either. Another nice feature is that they're Tennessee made, and they come fresh out of Firestone's warehouse in Lavergne, TN--2 hrs. north of us.

There's another Duravis tire that's better suited to everyday driving on tow vehicles--the R500's.
    Thank you. I started inputting my tire size (235, 80, 16) details on various tire manufacturer site as well as various tire dealers sites and not coming up with a tire that seems to work for my 5er. In the case of Bridgestone they only show 17" and other sites either I get the same result, show an ST tire in this size or no options for LT in my tire size. While I understand the difference between ST & LT tires, tires are not my strong point so what am I missing? If I decide to go to LT tires, what are my options, what size tires were on your rig? Since I have had such a good experience with Bridgestone and the Duravis on my truck, these are likely my first choice, but open to others. Finally, other than a higher speed rating, why a LT tire over a high quality ST G rated tire?
    Regards, Bruce, Lin An, Kenji & Suki (Our two Akitas)
    2019 Solitude 310GK-R
    2015 Ram 3500 Big Horn CC, TD, Aisin Tranny, DRW

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast