User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

297rsts inverter choice

i'm in the process of acquiring a new 297rsts. because the fridge is totally blocked with the slides in, i'd like to invert power to the outdoor fridge. while i'm at it, i'd like to do the same with my tv's.

can anyone tell me what the degree of difficulty of this install and what size/brand of inverter you think might suit this purpose.

thanks in advance.
    2020 Reflection 297RSTS. Equalizer 1600 hitch. 2020 Chevrolet 2500 diesel short bed. Charley and Janis. Pets Zoie and Harley.

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by charley patton View Post
    i'm in the process of acquiring a new 297rsts. because the fridge is totally blocked with the slides in, i'd like to invert power to the outdoor fridge. while i'm at it, i'd like to do the same with my tv's.

can anyone tell me what the degree of difficulty of this install and what size/brand of inverter you think might suit this purpose.

thanks in advance.
    Hi Charley. I did the exact same thing that you want to do. I bought a Bestek 1000 watt inverter. Here is the link:
    https://www.amazon.ca/BESTEK-1000W-P.../dp/B007SLDDHQ

I also bought this automatic transfer switch:
    https://www.amazon.ca/gp/product/B00...?ie=UTF8&psc=1

The TVs, outdoor fridge and indoor fridge on mine where all on the same breaker so when we travel I switch the indoor fridge to propane so that I don't use too much battery power. It took me most of the afternoon to install all of this under the hutch and it is a tight fit so took some shuffling of bits including the junction box for the connections to get it all to fit. I leave the inverter turned on all of the time and the transfer switch automatically switches between shore power and inverter when there is no shore power.

Rob
    Rob & Barb
    2022 Solitude 378MBS
    2022 RAM 3500 SRW HO Aisin 4x4
    Waterloo, Ontario, Canada

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    outstanding. thanks for that info. when i get the rig home next week, that will be one of the first projects i tackle. i hope you won't find a follow-up question or three once i dig into it. thanks again.
    2020 Reflection 297RSTS. Equalizer 1600 hitch. 2020 Chevrolet 2500 diesel short bed. Charley and Janis. Pets Zoie and Harley.

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by charley patton View Post
    outstanding. thanks for that info. when i get the rig home next week, that will be one of the first projects i tackle. i hope you won't find a follow-up question or three once i dig into it. thanks again.
    NP. Just ask if you have issues.

Rob
    Rob & Barb
    2022 Solitude 378MBS

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Calbar View Post
    NP. Just ask if you have issues.

Rob
    What does the inverter pull on DC?

Thanks
    Reflection 297RSTS 2018
    Ram 2500 Laramie 6.4 Hemi

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Cahriad View Post
    What does the inverter pull on DC?

Thanks
    I hooked up a 1400W blow dryer and measured 120 Amps with my clamp meter when it was on maximum. Inverter is rated for 1000W but I had no issues running the blow dryer for about 10 seconds just to test out the inverter before I installed it in my 297.

Rob
    Rob & Barb
    2022 Solitude 378MBS