User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Nice scenic campgrounds in Massachusett, New York, Conneticut, New hampshire, Vermont

My wife and I are making our plans for next year and was wondering if anybody has any good suggestions for really nice scenic campgrounds (Lakes, waterfalls, or places where you can see wildlife) in Massachusetts , New York, Connecticut, New Hampshire, Vermont, or Rhode Island.
    Allen & Denise
    Ford F350 Lariat CC SRW SB 4x4 Diesel
    2018 Solitude 310GK R

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Swan Bay Resort in Alexandria Bay, NY is on the St Lawrence River, but expensive. Moose River Campground in St Johnsbury, VT.

There are lots of lakes and waterfalls in New York, it depends on the type of campground you prefer.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Kay & Dave - Virginia Beach, VA
    Golden Retriever Molly - Been swimming in 28 states
    2019 Solitude 310GK
    2019 GMC Denali CC/LB SRW
    Previous rig: 2014 Reflection 303RLS #314 and 2008 Silverado 2500 D/A

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Wellesley Island State Park, Letchworth State Park, Watkins Glen KOA, Branches of Niagara, Lake Placid KOA, Fish Creek Pond Campground, and Old Forge Camping Resort are a few of our favorites.

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Pine Creek, Ithaca-Newfield area, in NY. Watkins Glen SP- the Mohawk area has power (you need to use your fresh water tank). Anyplace below Seneca-Cayuga Lakes, or in between will have gorges, falls, and lakes access. Delta Lake SP-went there to fish, but the CG seemed nice as well.

Sea Coast RV Resort, N. Hampton, NH (if you go there, pick up a sticker, I forgot to get one) is very nice. Full hookups and clean facilities, great rates, good location for coastal day trips.

Most of the CGs right off the Mass Pike seemed “meh”. Mostly places to park your trailer while you hit the attractions like Sturbridge, Basketball Hall of Fame. I have a whole list of 8-10 of them right off I90 because we wanted an overnight stop on the way to NH. Ended up not using the list as we went up 91, took Rt. 2 east to 495 to avoid traffic.
    N
    Bruce and Nancy
    2018 Imagine 2150rb
    2011 Silverado 1500 5.3L

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    In New York, we like Lake George RV Park for the amenities, access to bike paths, and plenty to see and do in the area, in New Hampshire we like Danforth Bay Camping Resort for the amenities and plenty to see and do in the Mount Washington Valley, in Maine we like the Bar Harbor KOA, it's direct ocean front, and in Massachusetts we like Normandy Farms again, for the amenities plus you can take a train to Boston for the day, the station is about a ten minute drive away.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks everybody for your suggestions. After looking at them my DW has decided on Swan Bay Resort for this trip.
    I'm going to keep all the campgrounds listed above so we have them when we go to one of the states again.
    Allen & Denise
    Ford F350 Lariat CC SRW SB 4x4 Diesel
    2018 Solitude 310GK R