Likes Likes:  0
    Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

2600RB - 2670MK axil ratings

Hello,

After reading all the posts about potential and actual axle issues, I am doing my research before purchase. From what I read, the 2019 2600RB had issues with their axle rating being too low. The axles were upgraded to 4400 lbs for 2020. This puts the combined axle rating at 8800 lbs. The GVWR is 7850 or 950 lbs under the limit.

The 2670MK has the same axles and has a GVWR of 8495. The GVWR is 305 lbs under the limit.

So my questions are - do you come anywhere near the GVWR of your trailer? The 2600RB can carry 2125 lbs of gear and the 2670MK can carry 1710 lbs of gear. These numbers are based on the respective trailer's GVWR - Dry weight.

Has the 2670MK had any issues with axles or springs? I haven't found any but I wanted to ask.

I saw a reference to the axles, springs and tires being improved for 2020 on the 2600RB. Does anyone know what the new tire rating is?

GD has a number of really great trailers and it is difficult to find the one to best fit our needs. So I am also comparing specs as much as possible.

Thanks in advance.

Pat
    Pat and Rose
    2019 F-250 XLT 6.7 L diesel, long box

Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Don't forget that part of the weight is being carried by the tongue/tow vehicle. So if a 8495 lb 2670MK has a tongue weight of 12.5%, that's 1062. So the amount carried by the axels is 7433 or 3716 each.
    Of course, tongue weight will vary a bit depending on loading, but there seems to be ample margin left. If you load such that you do get close to the max for the axles, you're going to get terrific sway...

In actual practice, I find it really, really hard to load more than 650 lbs of "Stuff" into the trailer (including battery and propane tanks), even for month long trips. So that leaves me a very good margin for the ProPride hitch and liquids in the tanks.
    It does mean that you'll have to leave the cinder blocks and gold bullion at home....<grin>.....
    2017 Imagine 2670MK
    2012 F-150 SCrew, Eco, 4x4 6.5 box
    Max. Tow, HD Payload, Airbags, ProPride hitch
    (Previous: Jayco 26.5RLS Fifth, Revolution Pinbox)

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Excellent point, I included the tongue weight. We like the 2670 mk and are leaning in that direction. We plan to get a propride hitch for the tt we eventually decide on.

Excellent point on the 650 lbs. I see folks post that they take 1200 lbs of stuff with them. I can’t figure out what they are all bringing... unless that includes a full water tank and a really big generator
    Pat and Rose
    2019 F-250 XLT 6.7 L diesel, long box

Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by PatHoppe View Post
    Excellent point, I included the tongue weight. We like the 2670 mk and are leaning in that direction. We plan to get a propride hitch for the tt we eventually decide on.

Excellent point on the 650 lbs. I see folks post that they take 1200 lbs of stuff with them. I can’t figure out what they are all bringing... unless that includes a full water tank and a really big generator
    That puzzled me too! Early on, when I was battling my sway problems, I literally took every single thing out of the trailer and weighed it all separately. In that case, I came in at about 600, including battery and propane tanks. Fridge and all kitchen shelves were full of food/cookware/dishes/appliances. Electronics, books, DVD's. Rugs, chairs, grills, blocks, fishing gear in the pass through. Clothes closets full. Under the bed had backup supplies. And lots of tools and parts everywhere... We're not the Clampets, but neither are we shy about loading in something if we feel we might use it.
    2017 Imagine 2670MK
    2012 F-150 SCrew, Eco, 4x4 6.5 box
    Max. Tow, HD Payload, Airbags, ProPride hitch
    (Previous: Jayco 26.5RLS Fifth, Revolution Pinbox)