Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
    Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Help! 367MBH Gaping openings in bunk house drawer cabinet

We have had our 367MBH about 3 weeks now. When the wife had the ceiling vent fan on in the kitchen, I was in the bunk room. After opening one of the drawers in there, I was getting hit in the face by an overwhelming amount of cold wind coming from the drawer. A quick look showed there is a huge opening under the drawer to permit passage of wires to the fuse panel and possibly the switch panel out in the hallway.

Is there any reason this opening can't be sealed up? Is it there to allow the furnace to move air around in the storage tank areas?

What are the ramifications if I seal it up?
    MichiganMarty
    2002 GMC 2500HD DuraMax
    2014 Reflection 337RLS
    Upgraded 2014 337RLS to a 2019 311BHS, Then Upgraded 2019 311BHS to 2020 367BHS

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    90 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Those openings could be the cold air returns for the furnace. It's not reccomended to close them up. If they are for wires only no reason to not cover it...call GD and ask for a clear answer.

Our Cold air return is under the kitchen hutch and sucks in stray shedded dog hairs so I have to remove the drawer and vaccuum under there on a regular basis if the furnace is used alot.
    Last edited by WhittleBurner; 10-24-2019 at 08:37 AM.
    Marcy & Gary
    2014 Grand Design - Reflection 303RLS
    2022 GMC 3500 Denali Duramax Longbed SRW
    2015 GMC Denali 3500 - Retired
    2003 F350 - retired
    Michigan
    We're in trouble now, the dog are bloggin'!
    https://3dogsandatrailer.wordpress.com/