User Tag List

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

LCI Smart Jack Doesn't Retract

Hi all. I am having an intermittent problem with my LCI Smart Jack: sometimes it won't retract. It starts retracting, but then almost immediately makes a "click" noise and stops. Sometimes after 3 or 4 tries it will work. Once after a half dozen or more tries it still wouldn't retract, so I pulled the inline fuse and put it back in, and then it worked. The original jack was replaced under a recall a couple of years ago, so this one is only 2 years old. This has just started happening in the last couple of weeks, and (so far) always in relatively cold temperatures (40 degrees F or less). Extending always works fine--the problem is only with retracting. Any ideas?
    2018 Imagine 2600RB
    2019 Chevy Silverado 2500HD 4x4 LT Crew Cab, Vortec 6L V8, 4.10 Rear Axle
    Equal-i-zer 1,200/12,000# Hitch

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Had my "smart jack" replaced under warranty. Replacement smart jack started having issues too.

Bought the Stromberg Carlson 3755. https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...?ie=UTF8&psc=1

And left my second dead "smart jack' on the LCI table during the Michigan Rally. No profanity, no yelling, just thought they should have their inferior product back. I certainly didn't want it.

Seems GD is now including the Stromberg Carlson too?
    Last edited by Rivercityjeff; 10-26-2019 at 01:04 PM.
    Jeff and Mary
    2017 2600RB
    2022 F250 Lariat CC 6.7 w/ Max Tow
    Round Rock, (Donut Capital of Texas) <><