User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Frozen?

fredandfred

Frozen?

It got down 8 degrees this morning. No hot water in the shower or the washer but there is in the sink in the bathroom. I thought these units were sealed well enough that nothing would freeze.
    this has me really concerned.

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Sorry to hear of your problem. Were your running the furnace or using portable heaters to maintain temperature in the coach?

Dave
    Dave and Monica - Gore Bay, Ontario
    Vitus the Hungarian Vizsla
    2014 Reflection 337 RLS #129
    2008 F250 V10 CC Lariat RWD

fredandfred
    Quote Originally Posted by Dave and Monica View Post
    Sorry to hear of your problem. Were your running the furnace or using portable heaters to maintain temperature in the coach?

Dave
    I am using the furnace. That's what I don't understand. I thought all plumbing was protected from the cold. Anyone from GD wish to chime in?

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You should call GD Customer Service at 574-825-9679 and talk directly to someone.

Dave
    Dave and Monica - Gore Bay, Ontario
    Vitus the Hungarian Vizsla
    2014 Reflection 337 RLS #129
    2008 F250 V10 CC Lariat RWD

fredandfred
    Quote Originally Posted by Dave and Monica View Post
    You should call GD Customer Service at 574-825-9679 and talk directly to someone.

Dave
    I will. Frustrating.

fredandfred
    Contacted Grand Design. They suggested skirting and a heater. Contact the rv dealer we purchased this from and they have no skirting. They have pretty much said its my problem. Great! I can only hope I don't have a bursted water line when it thaws. FML.

King Pin
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Fortunately, PEX water lines are pretty forgiving when it comes to freezing. My bet is that you'll be okay. If you're going to be using it in those temperatures, skirting sounds like a practical idea. Skirting can be anything. Plywood cut to fit and painted would work well.

fredandfred
    Quote Originally Posted by TucsonJim View Post
    Fortunately, PEX water lines are pretty forgiving when it comes to freezing. My bet is that you'll be okay. If you're going to be using it in those temperatures, skirting sounds like a practical idea. Skirting can be anything. Plywood cut to fit and painted would work well.
    that's exactly what I was just told by my RV dealer. he said the samething, the PEX water lines are pretty forgiving. I need to come up with something, I just can't handle drilling holes into my new RV.

fredandfred
    Quote Originally Posted by TucsonJim View Post
    that's exactly what I was just told by my RV dealer. he said the samething, the PEX water lines are pretty forgiving. I need to come up with something, I just can't handle drilling holes into my new RV.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Fred & Fred,

You might try to let the water drip in the kitchen and bath to keep the water moving. This does help and I use this method often with no issues. Good luck.
    Kamper
    Johnny & Mary
    Henderson, NC 4 Now
    2014 Solitude 369RL
    2015 Silverado 3500HD Crew Cab High Country
    24K Pullrite ISR 5th Wheel Hitch with Super Rails

:cool:

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast