Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: weBoost

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

weBoost

Looking at buying a weboost, recommend Connect RV 65 or Drive X RV?

Thx,
    John
    John, Susan & Luke
    2015 Reflection 303 RLS #867
    Bakersfield, CA

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The Connect RV 65 is great if you are way off grid but you do have to direct it every time you stop in the direction of a known cell tower. For normal use I find that the Drive X RV has been fine - I have never had a problem getting a signal even in the mountains of Canada.
    2020 Solitude S Class 2930RL-R
    2019 Chevrolet Silverado Duramax LTZ

Rolling Along
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by AJG1960 View Post
    The Connect RV 65 is great if you are way off grid but you do have to direct it every time you stop in the direction of a known cell tower. For normal use I find that the Drive X RV has been fine - I have never had a problem getting a signal even in the mountains of Canada.
    We have been having some issues with cell phone coverage, and would ask what service you are using. (If you don't mind answering}.
    Gordo Fuchs
    Northfield, Ohio 44067
    2015 305RE Moryde I/S, Electric/hydraulic disc brakes
    2008 Dodge Ram 3500 Cummins

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by gordofuchs View Post
    We have been having some issues with cell phone coverage, and would ask what service you are using. (If you don't mind answering}.
    We use ATT International - it is expensive at $140 a month but it is truly unlimited and works fine in other countries without any limits or speed caps. When in Canada we connect to Rogers and Telus mainly.

We got out setup through Livinlite.net - if you cant see what you need on their website then talk to them about your requirements (Erik and Manny are really helpful) as our service wasn't shown on their website.
    2020 Solitude S Class 2930RL-R
    2019 Chevrolet Silverado Duramax LTZ

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks AJG
    John, Susan & Luke
    Bakersfield, CA

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Admitting I put the cart before the horse, I'd like to back up and justify the expense of installing the weboost.
    To me the best way to do that is to measure before and after signal strength or dBm.
    Unfortunately I don't have an Android phone with a good signal strength app.
    Found on the internet if I dial *3001#12345#* it will put my iPhone into field test mode.
    After hitting "Serving cell measurements", looks to me the best measurement choice is Average or Measured RSRP.
    Anyone have any experience with this?

Thx,
    John
    John, Susan & Luke
    Bakersfield, CA

Mentioned
    54 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by John612 View Post
    Admitting I put the cart before the horse, I'd like to back up and justify the expense of installing the weboost. To me the best way to do that is to measure before and after signal strength or dBm. Unfortunately I don't have an Android phone with a good signal strength app. Found on the internet if I dial *3001#12345#* it will put my iPhone into field test mode. After hitting "Serving cell measurements", looks to me the best measurement choice is Average or Measured RSRP. Anyone have any experience with this? Thx, John
    It's been over half a year since I was using this - which is a long time for this old brain - but IIRC it was the Measured RSRP that I used on my iPhone. You can likely find explicit and more-reliable instructions on the web by searching with that dial string you used.

Whatever the steps, the result is what you're looking for: a real-time display in dbm of the phone's signal strength. We have both the RV weboost and another one made for a medium-sized house that has a directional antenna and needs to be deployed carefully to maximize signal and minimize crosstalk. The iPhone's "secret" app is pretty much essential for setting up that second weboost properly. And BTW it apparently does not work on all networks, just a heads-up.
    Mark - 2018 Solitude 310GK - 2017 F-350 diesel SRW short box - Pullrite Superglide hitch

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by boyscout View Post
    It's been over half a year since I was using this - which is a long time for this old brain - but IIRC it was the Measured RSRP that I used on my iPhone. You can likely find explicit and more-reliable instructions on the web by searching with that dial string you used.

Whatever the steps, the result is what you're looking for: a real-time display in dbm of the phone's signal strength. We have both the RV weboost and another one made for a medium-sized house that has a directional antenna and needs to be deployed carefully to maximize signal and minimize crosstalk. The iPhone's "secret" app is pretty much essential for setting up that second weboost properly. And BTW it apparently does not work on all networks, just a heads-up.
    This webpage contains the relevant and more importantly up-to-date information regarding test mode for the iPhone.

https://www.weboost.com/blog/how-to-...ield-test-mode

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Resistance is Not Futile, It's Voltage Divided by Current.

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Spent some time on the phone with WeBoost tech support, he told me change IPhone settings to 3g and use the AGCO parameter in the field test mode.
    In my driveway, in the rig, with WeBoost off, measured -93, weboost on -52.
    So far I'm a big fan of it.
    Will do more tests next week at the beach.
    We have the Drive 4G-X with white panel inside antenna, omni antenna outside.
    John, Susan & Luke
    Bakersfield, CA

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    My advice for Weboost users... (all models) is to have as much distance as possible between the internal and external antennas.
    This greatly reduces loop back and increases performance.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Resistance is Not Futile, It's Voltage Divided by Current.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast