User Tag List

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Can't find my Winterization Valve in 2500RL

First time winterizing my 2500RL. Drained the low points and water heater. Used low pressure compressed air to blow any remaining water out of all the faucets and toilet.

I removed the kitchen drawers and moved the water valves into their winterizing positions and began looking for the winterization valve and RV antifreeze pickup tube. Nothing in sight.

I checked the procedure showing where the valve is supposed to be. Supposedly right there next to the water valves and water heater. Not mine. Anyone have ideas on this?

Sent from my VS985 4G using Tapatalk
    2016 Ford F-150
    2020 Grand Design 2500RL
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Is the water pump located in the hookup center in the pass-through? If so, you need to take the front panel off to access the winterization valve and pickup hose.
    2019 F-250 Supercab
    2017 Imagine 2650RK

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I am not 100% sure where the pump is located, however, when I hear it running it sounds like it is at the hookup center. I will check it out.
    Thanks

2016 Ford F-150
    2020 Grand Design 2500RL
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You have to remove the 8 screws on the hookup center in the pass thru. There you will see the winterization line as well as the bypass valve. Looking to cut a hole in my cover and mount the bypass to have access without removing the panel to winterize. Hope this helps

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Great info harley on the the 8 screws. Never knew that.
    Scott M. Barlag
    Burns Harbor, IN

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by jsmharley View Post
    You have to remove the 8 screws on the hookup center in the pass thru. There you will see the winterization line as well as the bypass valve. Looking to cut a hole in my cover and mount the bypass to have access without removing the panel to winterize. Hope this helps
    Their winterization procedure was laminated and pasted on the hookup center and it clearly shows the winterization valve next to the hot water heater behind the cabinets. Really confused me. Thanks.
    2016 Ford F-150
    2020 Grand Design 2500RL
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I cut a section out of the front panel for permanent access to the valve & hose.
    2019 F-250 Supercab
    2017 Imagine 2650RK

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by SJMaye View Post
    Their winterization procedure was laminated and pasted on the hookup center and it clearly shows the winterization valve next to the hot water heater behind the cabinets. Really confused me. Thanks.
    That is for the water heater bypass only so you don't fill up the water heater with antifreeze
    Jeremy & Kara
    2021 Chevrolet 3500 HD Silverado High Country 4x4 6.6L DRW
    2020 GD 2500RL TT

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    That is for the water heater bypass only so you don't fill up the water heater with antifreeze
    Yes, I understand that, but the photo on those instructions shows the winterization valve and pickup right next to the water heater. Oh well. I take it all with a grain of salt.

2016 Ford F-150
    2020 Grand Design 2500RL
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Just got the winterization with anti-freeze done for the first time. Not really a big deal, but whoever at GD that thought to bury that winterization valve and pickup tube behind that panel should be shot. Why in the world would you do that for a procedure you will likely perform at least once a year? That is deserves and Engineer's Razzy Award. It's one of those, "What were they thinking?" moments.
    2016 Ford F-150
    2020 Grand Design 2500RL
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast