User Tag List

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Bill G View Post
    We have over 3 years and 15k miles on our Westlake tires. No problem so far . . . but I am going to buy a lottery ticket tonight after reading this . . . and am switching to GY Endurance first of year.
    Bill-
    What model rig do you have? We bought a 2020 Reflection 337RLS about a month ago. We got the new color scheme but the date code on the tires (Westlake 235/80/16 LRE) is right at a year old.
    Thanks,
    Channing
    Channing & Carrie
    2019 F-350 SRW 4X4 6.7PSD a/ka/ "Bob"
    2020 Reflection 337RLS a/k/a "The Yorkie Express"
    Yorkie X2 = Bella & Bear / Schnauzer mix = Dudley

Mentioned
    83 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by cbs78130 View Post
    Bill-
    What model rig do you have? We bought a 2020 Reflection 337RLS about a month ago. We got the new color scheme but the date code on the tires (Westlake 235/80/16 LRE) is right at a year old.
    Thanks,
    Channing
    You may have bough it in the last month, but when was it made at the plant?

You have company either way, our 2020 Solitude 3350RL that we snagged on the way from the factory to the dealership also has year-old Westlakes and it was made in August. Pretty common when manufacturers are ordering by the container-load.
    Rob & Nikki + Cloverfield
    2020 Grand Design Solitude S-Class 3350RL
    2015 RAM 3500 Longhorn Laramie Crew Cab, Long Bed, 4x4 Dually Cummins/AISIN

Mountains of Pennsylvania

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    How do you determine the build date of the unit?

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    How do you determine the build date of the unit?
    It is on the vehicle information sticker on the curb side of the trailer where all the information is about weight and tire inflation.

Rob
    Rob & Barb
    2022 Solitude 378MBS
    2022 RAM 3500 SRW HO Aisin 4x4
    Waterloo, Ontario, Canada

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Bill-
    Thanks,
    Channing
    This is not uncommon. Our 297RSTS was built in October 2017 as a 2018 model. We purchased it off the lot in September 2018 and the tires were nearly 2 years old.

Rob
    Rob & Barb
    2022 Solitude 378MBS
    2022 RAM 3500 SRW HO Aisin 4x4
    Waterloo, Ontario, Canada

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Calbar View Post
    It is on the vehicle information sticker on the curb side of the trailer where all the information is about weight and tire inflation.

Rob
    Thanks Rob.
    Channing & Carrie
    2019 F-350 SRW 4X4 6.7PSD a/ka/ "Bob"
    2020 Reflection 337RLS a/k/a "The Yorkie Express"
    Yorkie X2 = Bella & Bear / Schnauzer mix = Dudley

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Go to you YouTube and in the search area type in Westlake to Goodyear tire comparison, a good video that compares the tires side by side....I was on the fence and after seeing this video we replaced our Westlake tires as cheap insurance to avoid any potential tire problems. The difference between the tires is significant, the Goodyear's have a stiffer sidewall and weigh more than the Westlakes.

We run with a TPMS that way we can monitor temp and pressure. I have noticed in strong cross wind conditions there is less side movement on our 315 RLTS, I'm guessing the stiffer sidewall is contributing to that.

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have a Grand Design Reflection 297RSTS with Westlake ST225/75R15 Speedrating L 75 mph Super ST Load Range E 10 P.R. Trailer is only 1.5 years old as I bought it new. Not even 5000 miles on them and had a tread separation yesterday on I59 between Tuscaloosa and Mississippi State line. I was not driving over the speed limit, much less the speed rating on the tire. The Tread wrapped around axle and tore up wheel well plastic cowling and pulled gas line between frame and slide out down. I have sent a message to Westlake to see if they will reimburse me for damage. I did see where ETrailer said they are good tires. They are China tires!!! Good junk is still junk. I am looking to replace all four tires with something not made in China. I saw where Maxxim tires are said to be the best but they are made in Taiwan but better than China I guess. Looking for suggestions. I have heard of some people recommending automotive truck tires but seems trailer tires are a special tire for trailer applications.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    E rated westlakes r junk as anyone who reads the forums should know. G rated r a good tire
    John & Joanne
    2018 Solitude 374TH
    2018 GMC 3500HD Duramax CC DRW
    2001 Harley Ultra Classic

Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by lesagel View Post
    Looking for suggestions.
    Goodyear Endurance
    Brian & Kellie
    2020 Solitude 310GK-R, FBP, 1,460w solar, 540ah BBGC3, MORryde IS w/disc brakes
    2020 F-350 Platinum SRW Powerstroke Tremor, 60g TF fuel tank, Hensley BD3-F air bag hitch

Previous setups:
    2019 Solitude 373FB-R, 2019 F-350 Platinum DRW Powerstroke, Hensley BD5 air bag hitch
    2016 Reflection 318RST, 2016 GMC 3500 Denali SRW Duramax, Hensley BD3 air bag hitch

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast