User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

How do I get my television audio through my JWM70 Jensen system?

We’ve been in our brand new 2020 380fl-r for 3 days now and for the life of me I can’t get our television audio to work through our Jensen stereo system.

We’ve got a factory installed TCL set - we’ve set the “television audio” to off and set the Jensen mode to “HDMI ARC” with volume on high for both zones A and B with no sound. We’ve tried resetting the Jensen system to no avail. There’s a You Tube video out there that recommends the television audio be set to “fixed”, however there is no such option in our menu settings.

Is it possible that the HDMI cable that runs from the TV to the Jensen system came loose, or is not connected? I have no way of verifying that as all the wiring is behind the cabinetry, but it occurred to me that that could be the problem.

Any help or suggestions will be much appreciated! Thanks in advance.....

Dennis

Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Dleitner View Post
    We’ve been in our brand new 2020 380fl-r for 3 days now and for the life of me I can’t get our television audio to work through our Jensen stereo system.

We’ve got a factory installed TCL set - we’ve set the “television audio” to off and set the Jensen mode to “HDMI ARC” with volume on high for both zones A and B with no sound. We’ve tried resetting the Jensen system to no avail. There’s a You Tube video out there that recommends the television audio be set to “fixed”, however there is no such option in our menu settings.

Is it possible that the HDMI cable that runs from the TV to the Jensen system came loose, or is not connected? I have no way of verifying that as all the wiring is behind the cabinetry, but it occurred to me that that could be the problem.

Dennis
    My husband had to run a cable directly from TV to stereo to do this. There were no connections from the TV to the stereo system in our 2017 Reflection. He bought a miniature audio plug to RCA connectors stereo cable to use.
    Last edited by livinthelife; 10-26-2019 at 07:18 PM.

2017 Reflection 26RL "Mili"
    2016 Ford F250 Extended Cab Gas Engine "Buck" (the truck)

Rolling Along
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    There is no factory installed audio cable from the tv to the stereo, you have to run it yourself to the rear of the stereo, I used rca cables.

[uQUOTE=Dleitner;263536]We’ve been in our brand new 2020 380fl-r for 3 days now and for the life of me I can’t get our television audio to work through our Jensen stereo system.

Dennis[/QUOTE]

Mentioned
    240 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    As said, it is set up to play the dvd sound with the Jensen system, not the TV.
    Steve- Inventory Manager at Tom Schaeffer's RV, Shoemakersville, PA www.tomschaeffers.com
    [email protected]
    2011 RAM 3500 SRW Outdoorsman Edition 4X4, 6.7 Cummins--TWEAKED!
    2021 Reflection 310RLS

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks all. A neighbor stopped by and mentioned that you must use the remote control unit to make the JWM70A function. I then turned the unit on either the remote and that did it.....I now have full speaker TV sound.
    Dleitner

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hi, I have the same Jensen radio and would like to do the same thing. Could you post how you did this using the remote. Thanks

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    What I found is that I must turn the Jensen on with the remote in the HDMI ARC mode. Then turn the TV on ( the TV speakers should be off) and it should work
    Dennis

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks Dleitner, that worked great, so simple !

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hmmmmmm? Not having time to play thru our manuals yet, so I can't attempt to address this, but...
    While we were in Charleston I had the Jenson playing from the bluetooth on my I-phone. I stepped outside a bit later and could very clearly hear Mark Levine on my outside speakers. I went back in and changed zones, but no change. Not having time to sit down and do this I just D/Ced the bluetooth as I figured I had tortured my neighbors enough. Later, I had the TV on and Kelly took the doggies out and then came back in and complained that the TV was so loud that she could hear it from outside. I walked outside and could hear it. Cut the Jensen off and all was well. I'll figure this out later.
    Jerry & Kelly Powell
    Zebulon, NC
    2020 Solitude 390RK-R :target:

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hi, I just have to add to this post for anyone else in the future searching on how to get their TCL tv (television, not tow vehicle) sound to play through their Jensens speakers. I too was just searching on how to Do this. I found some of the info discussed above helpful in leading me to getting the sound on and working. However what i noticed is our HDMI cable was not plugged into the HDMI ARC port at the back of the tv, thus no sound through the jensen speakers. I don’t know if this was Bungy’s issue.
    I have then same jensen 70A system.
    1)Turn on the tv, & turn off the TCL tv’ speakers in the menu button (remote conrtol) of the tv, under menu-> sound-> speaker - off.
    2) Next make sure on the back of the tv, the HDMI cable is plugged into the “HDMI ARC“ port.
    I did NOT have to add a cable to make this work, this is the original cable via the manufacturer build.
    3) Turn on the Jensen system and on the jensen box itself (not the remote) press the ‘Mode’ button, continue to press the mode button to toggle through the selections until you have HDMI ARC displayed on the jensen display.
    4) next press the ‘Zone’ button on the jensen, continue pressing this button to toggle through zones A,B,C, stop when Zone A is displayed.

That’s all i had to do and the tv sound now comes through my jensen speakers.
    I’m not a stereo techy, but i also went in and turned on in my tv menu -> settings -> HDMI CEC -> everything listed under this hdmi cec heading i turned ‘on’.
    I can control the jensen sound volume through either the jensen remote or the TCL tv remote.

Hope this helps someone.
    2019, Solitude 375RES
    2018, RAM 3500, Dually, Laramie, Crew cab, 4x4, 4:10, AISIN

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast