User Tag List

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Does anyone from the North do winters in Florida?

We have friends that rent a house near Bokeelia, Pine Island, FL in Jan-Apr. Now that we have a new 2150RB, I was thinking of maybe pulling it down there to join them for a couple weeks. Has anyone camped on/near Pine Island? It seems expensive to this State Park camper, but maybe that's normal? There's a KOA there, but I will wager it's full well in advance. Are there are 'free' places to boondock on the island or close by? Any recommendations?
    2017 Imagine 2150RB
    2016 Silverado CC LTZ with 8-speed transmission

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We were there last winter and parked in a friends driveway. We looked at the KOA and the other place near Bokeelia. The KOA was much better than the other place. Both expensive but you are in Florida on the coast. Boondocking on Pine Island. Nothing that I saw. Good luck finding a place.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by J&J___ View Post
    We were there last winter and parked in a friends driveway. We looked at the KOA and the other place near Bokeelia. The KOA was much better than the other place. Both expensive but you are in Florida on the coast. Boondocking on Pine Island. Nothing that I saw. Good luck finding a place.
    OK, thanks... I thought of parking at the house where they stay, but he said there's no room... dang.
    2017 Imagine 2150RB
    2016 Silverado CC LTZ with 8-speed transmission

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I was down there in June and tried to book a campsite for Jan to April everything on the island was already booked. There were a few campgrounds right beside the interstate that were not fully booked but having a site that close to the interstate with all that noise and paying over 2 grand a month was not in our cards.

Sent from my SM-G960W using Tapatalk
    2020 Imagine 2450RL
    Wasaga Beach Ontario Canada
    2019 F150 Lariat 2.7 Trailer Tow Package
    Eaz-Lift Elite WD Hitch 14,000lb capacity 1,200lb bars

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    [ATTACH=CONFIG]23696
    WE HAVE SUCCESS W CAMPING WITH THE IMAGINE 2500RL. Being a bumper pull it works fine w our Ram 1500 Ecodiesel,, can pull the pass at 65 mph passing traffic as we go.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails IMAGINE KELLOGG W TRUCK .jpg