Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
    Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

4 days to decide between 28BH and 290BH

https://1drv.ms/w/s!AtVcmd4GyhYDkG4tYhftR0kD-16NBoth are 2020’s. Wife and I buying one of these in the next 4 days. Working with a dealer and we think finally have a good price on both.

Any owners out there have an opinions?

I am leaning towards the 28BH due to the extra slide, extra storage, nice counters, and bigger fridge. Have a wife and a 7yr old daughter and a 5yr old son. Floor plans are the same.

I like the price on the 290 BH better and we also prefer that shower.

We plan to just take 10-15 trips a year.

Going to add prices in a few mins.

Prices and all comparisons are in this word doc I created https://1drv.ms/w/s!AtVcmd4GyhYDkG4tYhftR0kD-16N
    Last edited by jakelab; 10-27-2019 at 07:23 AM.

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by jakelab View Post
    https://1drv.ms/w/s!AtVcmd4GyhYDkG4tYhftR0kD-16NBoth are 2020’s. Wife and I buying one of these in the next 4 days. Working with a dealer and we think finally have a good price on both.

Any owners out there have an opinions?

I am leaning towards the 28BH due to the extra slide, extra storage, nice counters, and bigger fridge. Have a wife and a 7yr old daughter and a 5yr old son. Floor plans are the same.

I like the price on the 290 BH better and we also prefer that shower.

We plan to just take 10-15 trips a year.

Going to add prices in a few mins.

Prices and all comparisons are in this word doc I created https://1drv.ms/w/s!AtVcmd4GyhYDkG4tYhftR0kD-16N
    I don't own either of these but I would go with the extra slide, storage and bigger fridge. With the 2 kids you will want the extra fridge, counter and slide out space. I agree that I like the shower in the 290 BH better. Much like ours in the 297RSTS. I also think that the 28BH is a model higher than the 290BH which is a 150 Reflection 5th wheel so there may be differences in finish and higher end blinds and fixtures.

Rob
    Rob & Barb
    2022 Solitude 378MBS
    2022 RAM 3500 SRW HO Aisin 4x4
    Waterloo, Ontario, Canada

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Calbar View Post
    I don't own either of these but I would go with the extra slide, storage and bigger fridge. With the 2 kids you will want the extra fridge, counter and slide out space. I agree that I like the shower in the 290 BH better. Much like ours in the 297RSTS. I also think that the 28BH is a model higher than the 290BH which is a 150 Reflection 5th wheel so there may be differences in finish and higher end blinds and fixtures.

Rob
    Thanks for the response. Agreed the finishes and fixtures are a bit nicer in the 28BH. And ur right the 290bh is a 150 model.

Mentioned
    138 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You never mentioned what you have for a tow vehicle.....hopefully it is going to be big enough to handle the weight of either of these trailers. The 28BH will put right at 2200 lbs of pin weight on the truck if it is loaded to the GVWR of the trailer. The 290BH, with a GVWR of 800 lbs lighter, will put about 2040 lb of pin weight on the truck if it is fully loaded to the GVWR.
    2016 F350 CrewCab Dually
    2018 Momentum 394M...Heavily Modded!
    2023 Suzuki GSX-S1000 GT+
    Excessive Payload is a Wonderful Thing

"If it ain't fast....It ain't Fun"

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by xrated View Post
    You never mentioned what you have for a tow vehicle.....hopefully it is going to be big enough to handle the weight of either of these trailers. The 28BH will put right at 2200 lbs of pin weight on the truck if it is loaded to the GVWR of the trailer. The 290BH, with a GVWR of 800 lbs lighter, will put about 2040 lb of pin weight on the truck if it is fully loaded to the GVWR.
    I made an informed decision based on my past experience. I regularly pull my 20ft aluminum horse trailer with tack room. I went and weighed it unloaded a few days ago(truck loaded with the family and full tank of diesel, truck again with trailer hooked up but not on scale, and then the whole rig) It is right in the middle(1360lbs) of the unloaded pin weights of the 28BH and 290bh. I regularly haul 3-4 horses in the trailer or full of calves for an added 6k or more of weight. Have been pulling that safely for 15 years or more.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We chose the 28BH and love it, but we full-time travel in ours so higher quality was very important to us. You hit all the main points in your post, including the two big ones in favor of the 28BH: the larger fridge, and much nicer solid surface countertops. One other key difference I'm not sure you have noticed or not - I believe the 28BH has three over-counter windows in the kitchen, while the 290BH appears to have only two? Makes a big difference with light coming in.

With all that said, I will make one counter-argument in favor of the 290BH -- we do like the 28BH better overall, but to be honest if I could have the front (bedroom & bathroom) configuration of the 290BH I'd take it. The front slide adds complexity for not a lot of extra storage. Also, the bathroom on the 28BH is not very private because the sliding door into the bedroom has huge gaps on the top and bottom around the slide. The 290BH bathroom would be far more private.

Good luck!
    Eric, Ashley, & M (3 y/o)
    Full Timing!
    2018 Reflection 28BH /// 2017 Nissan Titan XD
    instagram.com/weventuretogether

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by xrated View Post
    Yo Xrated. I pulled my 28BH home with my 3/4 ton dodge, and man i was shocked(pun intended).I am shocked so many people pull them with a 3/4 ton. I did not like the porpoising that happened during unexpected bumps on the freeway. nor the 3.42 rear end. I upgraded to a long wheel base 3500 ram with a 3.73 and liked that much better. Feels more safe to me. Pulled it 750 miles round trip last week and we had a blast.
    Last edited by jakelab; 12-02-2019 at 04:08 PM.

Mentioned
    138 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Jake.......thanks for coming back and letting us know your experience with the new trailer. I'm sure you will be more than happy with the larger capacity truck and if you are like most of us, having a new trailer to hook up behind it is a double win. Congratulations on both of the new vehicles. Happy camping my friend.
    2016 F350 CrewCab Dually
    2018 Momentum 394M...Heavily Modded!
    2023 Suzuki GSX-S1000 GT+
    Excessive Payload is a Wonderful Thing

"If it ain't fast....It ain't Fun"

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Does anyone know if 150 serious BH29 uses same structure? Frame is the same? Axle ratings? May be its good to go with 29bh- stronger internals, better weight capacity and cheaper price?