User Tag List

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    UPDATE-
    Replacing 'Power Module Board' (Dometic P/N= 3316348.900) fixed my problem.

To reiterate, the problem was the refrigerator would not run on LP/gas but worked normal on electric. My first indication that I had a problem occurred when NOT hearing the 'clicking sound' from the reigniter after switching over from electric. I was very familiar with this scenario because it was the same steps I followed on all previous 18 camping trips. I confirmed the problem was the circuit board by re-installing the old original board to verify that reigniter did not work. Then installed the new board and tested again for normal operation.

Here is the Amazon link that sells the board, which I must add was much cheaper than buying from dealer. If you are within the 2 year warranty period for Dometic refrigerator you could go the warranty claim process but be prepared for a nightmare of paper work and a waiting game. In some respects I am glad I was out of warranty because if forced me to troubleshooting and fix myself, all in less than one week and for under $100.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...?ie=UTF8&psc=1
    2018 F150 4x4 3.5 ECO 3.55
    2017 Imagine 2500RL, Fastway E2 10K Hitch

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    thanks so much for the amazon suggestion. i had the same problem on a brand new 303rls double door dometic. they told me the board would cost $300, and if i sent it back under warranty and they bench-tested it and found no problem, they would bill me the full amount. at the price amazon sells them for, a person ought to buy a spare for back-up...
    2020 Reflection 297RSTS. Equalizer 1600 hitch. 2020 Chevrolet 2500 diesel short bed. Charley and Janis. Pets Zoie and Harley.

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

fridge not igniting

We have had this happen a couple of times. For whatever reason I could not get all the air out of the gas line to the fridge. I wound up using a hand held fireplace starter to ignite the burner and once it was lit it would relite on it's own. I can't explain it and am not worried about it anymore because that was a simple fix when it happened twice. Both times was after the trailer had been in storage for a couple of months.

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I had to go thru the gas lite cycle 10 times before it would take. Everytime. What a pain. Had to trade in the camper.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Edd & Karol View Post
    We have had this happen a couple of times. For whatever reason I could not get all the air out of the gas line to the fridge. I wound up using a hand held fireplace starter to ignite the burner and once it was lit it would relite on it's own. I can't explain it and am not worried about it anymore because that was a simple fix when it happened twice. Both times was after the trailer had been in storage for a couple of months.
    Could you hear the igniter (clicking sound) attempting to light the gas during the time you used the fireplace starter?
    2018 F150 4x4 3.5 ECO 3.55
    2017 Imagine 2500RL, Fastway E2 10K Hitch

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We could hear the igniter. I tried all kinds of combinations gas and electrical appliances and even did a chicken dance. I can imagine the wear and tear on the frig. We knew we was trading in the Jayco Eagle in 9 months because of problems and worthless warranty.

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yes. It would try a few times, pause, try again, repeatedly.

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    have a reflection .. had same issue, worked on electric but not propane.. there is a small little black plastic fuse holder near the module board... it is a 5 amp fuse...check that, if you haven't already... that was what caused my issue..

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12