Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Calnca View Post
    If you are consciously going to exceed the rating of your power unit, then do me (an others) a favor, and post your travel plans on line........so I can stay as far away from your overloaded rig as I can.
    So much hyperbole when it comes to this topic! I'm sure that you're aware that every time you get on the highway, you are surrounded by cars and trucks that are loaded beyond their GVWR; two seat sports cars with two people in it, mini-vans with all 7 or 8 seats filled, every full size SUV towing a travel trailer over 22', most Tacomas on their way home from Lowes, many SRW F350s towing 40' fifth wheels. I'm sure some of these vehicles do pose a threat to you, and I'm equally certain that the potential threat has little to do with how they're loaded. A conscientious driver towing a 337 with a 2017 F250 is so far down the list of potential threats to you and your family that it is barely worth considering.

I see you're a fellow Californian. In the Golden State, it has been determined that the speed limit while towing is 55 MPH. In much the same way, Ford determined that the GVWR of the OP's F250 is 10,000 pounds. Are you willing to tell me that when you jump on the I-5 and head towards Sacramento, you set the cruise at 55 MPH? If you do, you are the only one. Many pickups pulling trailers are driving 70 MPH +...right along with the semis. My guess is that you are probably traveling at 65 MPH if traffic permits. I happen to think that 65 is a completely reasonable speed on that wide open, straight as an arrow, 350 mile stretch of interstate. You apply some logic and reason to the situation and determined what is safe. In spite of the fact that you are exceeding the speed limit by 15%, I would feel comfortable sharing the road with you. I would certainly never accuse you of posing a treat to me and suggesting that you post your itinerary on the internet so I could stay as far away from your speeding rig as I can.
    Last edited by JeffD68; 11-06-2019 at 07:27 PM.
    2022 F450 Platinum
    B & W Companion
    2024 Brinkley Model Z 3610