User Tag List

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    That's funny. Your right the Tv's are crappy. The one in my trailer wasn't even a smart Tv. I didn't know they even still made them.
    2013 Ford Eco Boost CC ( previous)
    2016 Chevy Silverado 2500HD
    2019 Reflection 297 RSTS

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I had the same problem with the low point drain valve leaking. If you remove the short pex hose from the bottom of the valve you can replace with a standard garden hose shutoff valve from home depot. I’ve been running with that temp fix on the road now for over a month.
    2019 Ford F350 6.7L Lariat DRW
    B&W Companion OEM hitch
    2020 Solitude 310GK

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ChadandMel View Post
    Just pulled my new 3350RL-R to my spot in West Texas from northern Arkansas. Got everything hooked up and when I turned the water on I noticed it leaking from the blue drain valve. Turned the valve and it “opened” letting out all the air...put it back in the closed position and it kept pouring out.

Cant even find that valve online, and I’m sure it’s not gonna be fun to change out... We’d really enjoy a shower right about now, but can’t cause there’s no pressure even with letting it run. What gives?? Freaking $2 part between me and a shower or running water is pissing me off!! BTW, everything was working at PDI.
    We had issue after three years for red and blue low point drain valves not stopping water. Had to turnoff water pump off. We pulled handle out off then pushed valve body out, found oring missing. Replaced with number six Oring using water proof grease we found at Lowe’s by facet/oring Dept. Reassembled now water will stop pouring out. Hope this helps.

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Well...still not fixed. Had the wife run and grab some sharkbite fittings before she left yesterday as I was headed to work, so that I could fix it this morning, take a shower (finally), and get some sleep.
    Well wouldn’t you know that GD switched from Pex to a rubber hose JUST FOR THE LOW LEVEL DRAINS!?!?!? WTF?? Sharkbite no worky!
    So here I sit on Tuesday morning, not having had a shower (or running water) since Saturday night, waiting for the hardware store to open so I can go spend another $50-$75 bucks trying to fix a $2 part...
    You’d think for what we all pay for these that they’d use a little better parts.
    Rant over. For now.

I thought was just GD that had quality issues. But I've been stopping and asking everyone I see pulling a trailer or 5th wheel about their truck and their RV. And every single one of them say, all RV are junk because they build, then sell, No quality control. That po'd me. So be careful what you buy. AND especially check your roof!!!! There's a video about GD roof peeling off and its a 2019 ! The bad thing is poor roof workmanship. The good thing, the owner went to a roof repair shop (in the video) and he went thru the details of the roof. And repaired it. The good part is GD paid for the repair, warranty. So now that owner KNOWS he has a good roof. The other owners of GD, not so sure. I really like GD trailers. Great layout, colors, floorplans etc. But scares me. At least I know they are ALL funky builds. So as owners, Check your roof often. Check for ANY cracks in the caulking. . Then just enjoy it. I want to go FT Rv'ing. I may buy a good Tarp and cover the roof when Camping. Not sure what to do as I drive it. Maybe hide in under some bridge until storm passes. LOL Seriously though, I will look into after market seal products. Maybe Eternabond or the Roof Armor company. The roof armor is expensive, minumum $3000 but better than leaky roof and a ruined RV. Search 2019 GD roof peel. Then gasp
    Last edited by jmrec100; 11-02-2019 at 04:56 PM.

Rolling Along
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Likes to tow View Post
    Sounds like you are having the same luck with your shake down trip as I did. We had a massive leak in the fresh water holding tank which would not allow any water storage in the tank. Luckily we had full hookup at our campsite for the week. Shark bite fittings allow everyone to me a plumber. Use a good tubing cutter to get a nice cut on the Pex first. These trailers undergo absolutely no inspection at the factory for leaks. They intend for the dealer to "shake them down" and my advice to anyone buying a new trailer is have the dealer completely fill the tank and test every connection. Also this applies to the propane system. We continuously had an intermittent propane smell outside our camper which was so small we thought it may not be our camper. Finally after two years it got worse and I found the leak myself. The valve that threads into the tank was damaged slightly right at the top of the tank!! Grand Design would not cover it since it had been two years. I had a new valve put in at the local propane distributor.

You will undoubtedly find more issues if this is a shake down cruise.
    We just wanted to say that you are not alone... Many moons ago we bought our first NEW travel trailer. A 38 footer with a 40 gallon freshwater tank. My wife had to work the Saturday we left on a two-week vacation so I took our two young girls out to the campground Friday afternoon, filled up with water, and set up camp. That first night in our new trailer we had horrendous thunderstorms with monsoon rain. Of course I got up to make sure everything was OK and found the floor and carpet completely underwater. I frantic thinking the roof in our new trailer was leaking!

The next morning I rationalized that a leaking roof could not possibly yield that much water, even with a gaping hole. Starting to think that we had a water leak I surmised that the only place to hide a large water tank was under the bed. I soon found I had to go to a hardware store to buy a square-head screwdriver. I found one of the fittings leaking because it was not completely bonded. I called the dealer and was told to bring the unit in for repair. I mentioned that we just started a two-week vacation 150 miles away. The owner told me to just don't use the water and use buckets of water for the toilet! I got mad. I drained about 20 gallons of water on the ground, removed the tank, and heated a butter knife on the new stove (the first thing we ever cooked on it), and "welded" the plastic parts together. The repair lasted the entire 25 years we owned the unit. I called Skyline corp. when we got home to complain about the dealer. I really hate it when brand new stuff doesn't work... At least your repair will probably be better and last longer than the original plumbing...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    [QUOTE=ChadandMel;263735]Just pulled my new 3350RL-R to my spot in West Texas from northern Arkansas. Got everything hooked up and when I turned the water on I noticed it leaking from the blue drain valve. Turned the valve and it “opened” letting out all the air...put it back in the closed position and it kept pouring out.

Cant even find that valve online, and I’m sure it’s not gonna be fun to change out... We’d really enjoy a shower right about now, but can’t cause there’s no pressure even with letting it run. What gives?? Freaking $2 part between me and a shower or running water is pissing me off!! BTW, everything was working at PDI.[

/Not sure if the shark bite fittings will work. Can use a plumbing 1/2” barb fitting and a hose clamp. To get it stopped without plumbing supplies you can use a C clamp 🗜 or vice grips at the end.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by dtokarczyk View Post
    We had issue after three years for red and blue low point drain valves not stopping water. Had to turnoff water pump off. We pulled handle out off then pushed valve body out, found oring missing. Replaced with number six Oring using water proof grease we found at Lowe’s by facet/oring Dept. Reassembled now water will stop pouring out. Hope this helps.
    does the #6 O ring face down when reassembling
    Mal & Helen
    With Mitzi our Yorkie
    2021 Solitude 310GK-R
    2020 Reflection 303RLS Sold
    2020 Ford F250 Lariat Super Duty 4WD 6.7 Diesel Short Bed
    B&W Companion Slider
    Amateur Radio Call sign WA2TWA

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hubby said should stop at where water comes in or goes out. Trial and error.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yep...that’s the one. Cheap blue and red plastic 1/4 turn valves? You can pull them apart and there are 4 o-rings going around the body of it and a teeny tiny one that fits in a grove on top. That little O-ring fell apart in my hand when I took it out. So that little .00001 cent O-ring has cost me over $200 and three evenings...
    I have the same valves on my 2021 Solitude 310 My valves were also leaking so I bought 2 garden hose caps unscrewed the plastic hose fittings and put on the caps. no more leaks. Yesterday I decided to try to fix the valves I bought some silicone plumbers grease and a box of #6 O rings at Loews. Take off the handle and pull the rotating part out and grease it up good, there is a round groove where the o ring goes. Insert the rotating part with the O ring facing up and carefully holding the O ring in place. This is the open position, so put the handle on facing down. I did this yesterday and left it under pressure for 24 hours. There were no leaks and the valves now work perfectly. I think the whole business was less than $10. including the garden hose caps.
    Mal & Helen
    With Mitzi our Yorkie
    2021 Solitude 310GK-R
    2020 Reflection 303RLS Sold
    2020 Ford F250 Lariat Super Duty 4WD 6.7 Diesel Short Bed
    B&W Companion Slider
    Amateur Radio Call sign WA2TWA

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123