User Tag List

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by SJMaye View Post
    I have exchanged some PM's with forum member on winterizing using compressed air only, no antifreeze.

Does anyone else do this?

Sent from my VS985 4G using Tapatalk
    I have not used antifreeze on any RV since our first one back in the 60's! I did not like the bad taste of the water. Even though I followed all recommended procedures for sweetening the systems the taste remained. Since I have used compressed air using less pressure than anyone I know, only 5 psi. I lived in upstate NY until a few years ago. So our units have seen plenty of freezing weather.
    2014 303 RLS
    2017 F450, Air suspension, Aluminum tow body, B&W hitch
    3rd family member - Labradoodle

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Tom&Joan View Post
    I have not used antifreeze on any RV since our first one back in the 60's! I did not like the bad taste of the water. Even though I followed all recommended procedures for sweetening the systems the taste remained. Since I have used compressed air using less pressure than anyone I know, only 5 psi. I lived in upstate NY until a few years ago. So our units have seen plenty of freezing weather.
    That mirrors what I got from others. To paraphrase what I read, the newer trailers are using pex for water pipes and that PEX is far less susceptible to cracking due to water freezing. Especially the residual amounts of what left after using compressed air to purge the lines. That was coming from someone located like me in the Southeast. You being in NY is even more encouraging. You certainly experience cold weather.

Sent from my VS985 4G using Tapatalk
    2016 Ford F-150
    2020 Grand Design 2500RL
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123