Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Refclown View Post
    That would be a good tongue wt for the trailer to towed well. My old trailer...a 24ft rockwood Ultra Lite 2305DS had a GVWR of 6606 lbs... THe Imagine XLS 22 MLE has a GVWR of 6995. Not to much difference, not enough to make any difference in towing. My 6.2L gas engine (420 hp) with an 8 speed should not perform any different. haven't heard from the dealer yet today concerning the powered stabilizers, so we shall see what happens

FYI...I live just outside of Modesto, CA Not to far from Lemoore.
    Good luck I hope they get your powered stabilizers bolted on ok. On our Imagine I installed the BAL stabilizer arms on the upgraded 7500# jacks, made a difference eliminating the wiggles when someone walked across the floor.
    Steve & Tami Cass - Escapee's, FMCA Members, Texas Fulltimers Since July 2020
    2019 Solitude 3350RL S-Class, 2018 Ram 3500 DRW, Laramie Longhorn, B&W Companion, Texas Class A Non-CDL Drivers License
    Sharing the Fulltime Lifestyle - www.youtube.com/@tsrvadventures3219/videos, Nonprofit Channel

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We pick up ours next Wednesday. Very excited, and very nervous, as it will be the first time hooking up and trying out the WDH.
    2020 Imagine XLS 22MLE
    [RIP] 2010 Coleman Utah Pop-Up

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ice_nyne View Post
    We pick up ours next Wednesday. Very excited, and very nervous, as it will be the first time hooking up and trying out the WDH.
    Well, we picked up ours about a week and half ago. Haven't had it our yet as we are still figuring out where to store everything. It towed quite well empty...about an 80 mile drive from the dealer. One thing you should look at ....us under the mattress. The press wood is REALLY ROUGH and any movement of the mattress will surely tear up any sheets/blankets tucked under the mattress. We bought a piece of carpeting )thin) and glued/stapled it to the wood as a barrier. It looks like it will do the trick. The over is not really functional. You could cook a pan of biscuits but thats all....not enough height to cook anything else... I the future, we plan on replacing it with something more functional. The drawer under the stove is braced so that it can hold a reason load of pots and pans. I went ahead and did the same type of reinforcement on the other drawers in case the wife decides to move some stuff around.

Our first outing will be on Dec 1st and I will post any issues (if there are any). We did get the electric stabilizers installed and they work great.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Awesome, thanks for the suggestions! Looking forward to hearing how that first trip out goes. I think we are targeting January for ours.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    2020 Imagine XLS 22MLE

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Ill let you know how the maiden voyage turns out. Here is a list of the things we have done to making living in it easier
    1. Install carpeting the full length of the pass thru
    2. Install carpeting in the Storage area under the bed
    3. Installed carpeting in the large corner shelves over and under the sink.
    4. Installed Shelf lining (non slip type) in all drawers and the pantry and the drawers next to the bed
    5. Purchased a cord reel to better control the coax need for cable hookup or for a Sat System.....Made a bracket and installed it the pass thru
    6. Installed a bracket in pass thru for an inline water filter and a tube to coil up the water hose in
    7. Took a piece of 3/8" wood, cut it to fit the bottom shelf of the cabinet next to the sink. Drilled holes in the wood and install dowels to hold dishes.....laying down and stacked. it fit the dishes-small bowls and large bowls
    That's pretty much it for now....I'm sure there will be more after the maiden voyage.....one other thing....I did have the 20 gal propane tanks replaced with 30 gal ones

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    These are all great recommendations...gonna look into doing a few of these when we pick up ours later this week.

Would love to see some photos if your have the time to post.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    2020 Imagine XLS 22MLE

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Matress platform-1.jpg 
Views:	28 
Size:	45.9 KB 
ID:	23653Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Matress Platform-2.JPG 
Views:	24 
Size:	90.0 KB 
ID:	23654

Here is what I did on the platform that supports the mattress .. The mattress and sheets won't get tore up now, rubbing on the platform... Also, the mattress stays better too I glued it down with some 3M Adhesives and stabled it as well.......

If you have any questions, just let me know...

Roger

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks - is that indoor/outdoor carpeting?
    2020 Imagine XLS 22MLE

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    i cut the pieces out of a 6' X 9' piece of indoor/outdoor carpeting that I got at Home Depot. I cut the hinged piece (installed it) then the flat stationary piece and installed it. I cut the hinged piece about 1 1/2" wider on three sides...so one side was flush with the hinges....and the other three sides overlapped by the 1 1/2" and folded over and under the lip..... It made a clean installation....Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Matress platform-3JPG.JPG 
Views:	26 
Size:	90.8 KB 
ID:	23655
    Last edited by Refclown; 11-25-2019 at 06:19 PM.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Well, we just finished our week long shake down trip. a couple of minor issues.
    1. One three different windows, we had screw heads suddenly snap off....for no apparent reason. Possibly defective screws as the remaining ones were not overly torqued down. Awaiting replacements from Grand Design...not sure how I am going to get the broke screws out as they are really small
    2. The sliding bathroom door binds up when its closed all the way...you have to really force it open for about 3-4 inches before it releases..... Need to investigate further and seem if there is some kind of adjustment.
    Other than that, everything worked ok....so far anyway

Roger

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12