User Tag List

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    If you are looking for a good tape use Flex Seal tape. Mine was on there for three years and never failed.
    Jerry & Jeanine
    2016 Ram 3500 MegaCab Diesel
    2014 Reflection 293RES (sold)
    2020 Reflection 303RLS

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I would personally never cut the chloroplast. When we bought ours I was talking to our salesman about a used unit they had and told him I didn’t want it because the chloroplast was cut and taped and it looked very haggard. He said he agreed and that they actually deduct a substantial amount from trade in values because of it.

Side note: is there actually insulation in there? I have to drop mine and I guess I just assumed there was none. If so, I’ll likely also change it out for foam board.
    2015 Ram 3500 DRW Mega Cab Short Bed
    2019 Solitude 3350RL

Me, my wife (early 30’s), a dog, and a cat.
    Instagram: StillCamping

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Stupid question perhaps, but what is the function of the Coroplast? Is it simply for keeping the underside clean and dry, and perhaps a modicum of insulation? We recently took possession of a 2020 2150RB and I've not had much time, or need, to crawl underneath.
    It sounds like removing the Coroplast for maintenance/repair isn't a real big deal.

One thing I did discover is there are a number of bare metal tech screws as well as electrical junction boxes and clamp fittings that surely will rust making them difficult or impossible to remove sometime in the future. I plan to paint them with black Rust-Oleum type paint.

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by RLB348 View Post
    Stupid question perhaps, but what is the function of the Coroplast?
    It seals the underside of the trailer making it possible to heat to prevent freezing. Also there is exposed wiring, ducting, etc. You definitely wouldn't want to be going down the road in a rainstorm without it. It is a pain to remove, especially mine because it is one piece (the cheap way to do it). My last TT, a Forest River Rockwood, had it sectioned which made it easier.
    2019 Reflection 312BHTS TT Sold

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Great tip using the ladder to support the coroplast! Gotta get into mine and wasn't looking forward to dealing with the 1 piece sheet put it looks like the ladder will make it more manageable.

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by colo native View Post
    I would only remove the screws you need to get to what you need have replaced 2 of my waste valves and have only had to remove 5-6 screws to get the job. I would never cut it, my daughter had her trailer in for work and they cut it and the tape is always falling off and they have not found a good tape that works yet. It is not that big of deal to do it right take the screws out.
    I cut it on a previous RV and tried many things to tape or glue it back up. Ended up making metal frame for flap and surround and screwing it back up.
    2023 Reflection, 297RSTS
    2023 F250, CC, SWB, 7.3 Godzilla
    Reese Strait-Line Hitch
    SGM, USA (Ret), SCUBA Diver

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12