User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

dropping the coroplast

I hope to wait for spring to do this, but my OCD is not letting me leave it sit. There is so much wrong under the trailer (287RSTS) that needs correcting.
    My question is though, for you that have dropped the coroplast, were you able to drop just one side and work on it, or did you need to drop the entire thing?.

I can see where it will be a major task, especially with the propane lines etc that are attached over it.

I want to make the needed corrections before some unprotected wire or plumbing pipe rubs to the point of failure.
    2019 297 RSTS
    2017 Dodge Ram 2500 diesel
    The wife and 2 dogs..

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It would depend on how much access you need to have and where the components are located. In most cases to make a repair or for some installs you would not need to drop all of the coroplast. When I have needed to access the under belly, I started by dropping in small sections of the coroplast in the area where I needed to work and continue further until I attained the access I needed.
    Regards, Bruce, Lin An, Kenji & Suki (Our two Akitas)
    2019 Solitude 310GK-R
    2015 Ram 3500 Big Horn CC, TD, Aisin Tranny, DRW

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by BB&LAB View Post
    It would depend on how much access you need to have and where the components are located. In most cases to make a repair or for some installs you would not need to drop all of the coroplast. When I have needed to access the under belly, I started by dropping in small sections of the coroplast in the area where I needed to work and continue further until I attained the access I needed.
    My coroplast is one sheet front to back. And from what I have seen with the endoscope I need to access from just behind the wheels to about tje bedroom.

Any thoughts on cutting a section out then taping the cuts when it is put back up.

Big Traveler
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by jdmert View Post
    My coroplast is one sheet front to back. And from what I have seen with the endoscope I need to access from just behind the wheels to about tje bedroom.

Any thoughts on cutting a section out then taping the cuts when it is put back up.

I've dropped it, I've cut a hole and tapped. They both work fine for different things. If you really want to get in there and do work, organizing wires, really checking things, adding insulation etc you need to drop it. If all you want to do is change out a valve on the sewer line, that can be done with a cut and tape job.
    2019 Momentum 395
    2018 Ram 3500 DRW 4.10 AISIN

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I dropped my coroplast last spring and had to drop the whole thing to get to what I was working on. I worked from the back to the front and it wasn't that hard. It was harder to get it back on since I was working alone and that sheet is 7 ft. wide by 12 ft. long on my Solitude. I was replacing the wet fiberglass insulation with hard foam board insulation. I didn't have a lot of gas lines or other issues that hampered my work. I used an extension ladder to hold it up when I was putting it back on...

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20190501_182623_001.jpg 
Views:	163 
Size:	97.4 KB 
ID:	23330 Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20190501_192717.jpg 
Views:	150 
Size:	98.2 KB 
ID:	23331
    Larry and Vicki
    2016 Solitude 305RE - Sailun S637 ST
    2017 3500HD Silverado LTZ
    TranferFlow 50 Gal Aux Tank
    Andersen Ultimate Hitch

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yes same here on a previous trailer and for some work I did, I was able to remove screws until I was able to access the area I needed for an install I did.
    Regards, Bruce, Lin An, Kenji & Suki (Our two Akitas)
    2019 Solitude 310GK-R
    2015 Ram 3500 Big Horn CC, TD, Aisin Tranny, DRW

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I would only remove the screws you need to get to what you need have replaced 2 of my waste valves and have only had to remove 5-6 screws to get the job. I would never cut it, my daughter had her trailer in for work and they cut it and the tape is always falling off and they have not found a good tape that works yet. It is not that big of deal to do it right take the screws out.
    2015 F250 CC SB 4x4 6.7 PSD
    2018 315 RLTS

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Migizi View Post
    I used an extension ladder to hold it up when I was putting it back on...

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20190501_182623_001.jpg 
Views:	163 
Size:	97.4 KB 
ID:	23330 Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20190501_192717.jpg 
Views:	150 
Size:	98.2 KB 
ID:	23331
    Great idea, going to have to remember that one....
    2019 297 RSTS
    2017 Dodge Ram 2500 diesel
    The wife and 2 dogs..

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The extension ladder is a great idea. Wish I had thought of it when I dropped mine.
    Eddie, Cindy, n Maddie (our fearless Yorkie)
    2012 F-350 LWB 4x4 6.7 SRW C-cab with B&W Turnover + Companion pulling a 2017 307MKS Reflection

Rolling Along
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Our Solitude 379FL also has one [very long] piece of Coroplast. We have had it down in the front for various repairs, but using arms and legs it is fairly easy to relocate the holes for the self-tapping screws.

I have found, though that if you need to make a hole or repair a cut, Lowes and Home-Depot sell various sized sheets of the same coroplast that you can use for repairs. I cut a piece to fit, usually with tin snips. Then clean the area to remove dirt. apply silicone to the piece and use 1/4 drive ductwork self-piercing screws with very light torque so they don't strip. After the silicone sets the screws don't matter. So what if its a different color. A quick and easy permanent repair. You'd have to crawl under there to see it anyway.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast