User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Morryde Independent Suspension Install

We have an appointment at Morryde in Elkhart, IN next week to have IS & DB installed on our 2019 Momentum 397. My question is for those who have had the same IS installed already on a triple axle. Did you go with go with 7K or 8K? Brian Hosinski the service manager at Morryde told me if I go with 8K, the ride will be to rough. We already travel at full capacity carrying a RZR in the garage plus we live full time and have it packed pretty tight. Last time we weighed we were close to 21K and were carrying around 30 gallons of water and 40 gallons of fuel at the time of the weigh in. My gut is telling me to go with the 8K but I would like to hear from those of you who have already had this done. TIA!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I went with the 8K axle on my Solitude when I did the upgrade in Nov 17. It is a 2 axle trailer. I have traveled approximately 6000 miles since the upgrade. The ride seems smooth. I have left items on my bathroom counter with no movement or shifting of the items. I am happy with the upgrade and I love the disk brakes!
    USMC (Retired); Full Time (07/2012)
    2018 Solitude 377 MBS-R
    Morryde ID Susp, 8K Axles, Disk Brakes, Solar System
    2011 Chevy 3500 DRW, B&W Companion Hitch, Titan 60 Gallon Tank

Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I appreciate those that are getting this Morryde IS/DB work done, posting about their experience on this forum. I am planning this same upgrade, so the feedback here is invaluable.
    2017 Ford F350 Platinum 6.7L PowerStroke DRW
    2017 Solitude 379FLS

Mentioned
    189 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Regardless of whether you go with the 7K or 8K axles, MOR/ryde has different rubber springs that they match to your actual wheel weights. We showed up with wheel-by-wheel weights from the Escapees SmartWeigh program. The folks at MOR/ryde pulled out their calculators and charts and selected the appropriate rubber springs - including compensation for our almost-1,000 lb. side-to-side wight difference so the trailer would sit level.

FWIW, we will likely be repeating this experience late spring/early summer after we take delivery of our Solitude...

Rob
    U.S. Army Retired
    2012 F350 DRW CC LB Lariat PS 6.7
    2020 Solitude 310GK-R, MORryde IS, disc brakes,
    Sailun LRG tires, solar, DP windows, W/D
    (Previously in a Reflection 337RLS)
    Full time since 08/2015

Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Second Chance View Post
    FWIW, we will likely be repeating this experience late spring/early summer after we take delivery of our Solitude...

Rob
    Says it all, hearing from someone that did it on their last rig and will do it again on the new one.

BTW, Congratulations on the new Solitude!
    2017 Ford F350 Platinum 6.7L PowerStroke DRW
    2017 Solitude 379FLS

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I wish I had wheel weights but have not had the chance yet. I am leaning towards the 8K right now. Hoping to hear from others that have done the upgrade to their triple axle toyhauler.

Rolling Along
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    While we do not have the triple axel toy hauler, we were presented the same question, reference 7 or 8 thousand type springs. Due to the fact that I had already decided that when it comes to brakes and suspension components, I wanted the strongest I could get. (Which is why I chose Mor Ryde in the first place). We went with the eight thousand springs. As far as the ride, it may ride a little more stiff, but I'm not pulling a Cadillac, I'm pulling a small house. If things inside shift around, you just need to secure them better. In some areas, like route 10 in Louisiana, I don't think it would matter what suspension you have underneath! Although, I'm thankful that I don't still have the factory suspension when on that stretch.
    Gordo Fuchs
    Northfield, Ohio 44067
    2015 305RE Moryde I/S, Electric/hydraulic disc brakes
    2008 Dodge Ram 3500 Cummins

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Could someone, if you don't mind, give me an idea of the cost to upgrade to independent suspension and disc brakes?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    2018 Dodge 3500 DRW
    2019 Reflection 337RLS

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    $10,000 + 7% sales tax for 3 axles. I am also upgrading the bearings.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    In Nov 17, I paid $6,997.38 with tax (358.02) for the Morryde ID Suspension, 8K axles, and disk brakes on my 2 axle Solitude. I did have to purchase a Hydrastar Trailer Brake Actuator from Morryde for another $127.33 (with tax) to get the disk brakes to work properly with my 2011 Chevy Silverado 3500 DRW and stock brake controller. I don't believe this is required on later model trucks.
    USMC (Retired); Full Time (07/2012)
    2018 Solitude 377 MBS-R
    Morryde ID Susp, 8K Axles, Disk Brakes, Solar System
    2011 Chevy 3500 DRW, B&W Companion Hitch, Titan 60 Gallon Tank

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast