User Tag List

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by xrated View Post
    Yea, I didn't mean to make it sound like you were trying to cut corners, and after reading my reply.....I almost made it sound that way.....sorry, not what I meant. I know you have a genuine concern on the low amount that you used; that maybe you missed something. As far as I know and/or have experience in my short time owning RVs, if you use the onboard pump to circulate the A.F. and open every single source of water for the water system to flow the A.F., I simply don't know how you could have missed something.
    I didn't read your post as being negative in any manner. At this point I suspect the difference in the amount used is simply one of how long each of us runs the faucets after seeing the pink anti-freeze come out. I probably shut off the faucet far sooner than others.

I've made mistakes in the past with my trailers, but I've always had a few short trips planned early in the spring to shake things out before any multi-week trips we would take during the summer. This time things are different. I just purchased our 337RLS, did a shake down trip, and then had to winterize the trailer. I'll pull it home mid-December and load it up for a 5 week trip down south. No chance for a shake down so I'm being a little paranoid about making a mistake during the winterization because broken pipes could put a damper on the trip.

I think I'll buy a couple extra gallons and go through opening the faucets and values again just to make sure. Overly cautious I'm sure, but you know the old saying "Better safe than sorry."

Thanks everyone.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    2018 Dodge 3500 DRW
    2019 Reflection 337RLS

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    My 337RLS used less than 2 gallons as well. I don't blow out the lines first but make sure I put AF in the traps and waste tanks so my waste valves don't freeze. Four gallons in all. Thanks JCZhome for the video post. I don't have a washer but I do have the prep. I need to run another gallon through the washer lines. Damn...thought I was done but glad I saw that before the first hard freeze and may have [probably would have] had water leaks in the spring. Happy camping all!
    Sue & Bill
    Lansing, NY
    2017 Silverado 2500 Duramax High Country
    2020 Reflection 337RLS

Long Hauler
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have yet to figure out how to position my Kantleak valve to suck up the antifreeze and bypass the hot water heater.

This a.m., I just drained my hot water heater and uncapped the low point hoses. Then I opened all 8 faucets and left them open.

I forgot where I hid the antifreeze, so I didn't put any in the drain traps. We'll be back camping the week of Thanksgiving with the grandkids. If there's any low points with water, pex tubing is pretty forgiving.

Mentioned
    135 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ramcneal View Post
    I didn't read your post as being negative in any manner. At this point I suspect the difference in the amount used is simply one of how long each of us runs the faucets after seeing the pink anti-freeze come out. I probably shut off the faucet far sooner than others.

I've made mistakes in the past with my trailers, but I've always had a few short trips planned early in the spring to shake things out before any multi-week trips we would take during the summer. This time things are different. I just purchased our 337RLS, did a shake down trip, and then had to winterize the trailer. I'll pull it home mid-December and load it up for a 5 week trip down south. No chance for a shake down so I'm being a little paranoid about making a mistake during the winterization because broken pipes could put a damper on the trip.

I think I'll buy a couple extra gallons and go through opening the faucets and values again just to make sure. Overly cautious I'm sure, but you know the old saying "Better safe than sorry."

Thanks everyone.
    That may not be a bad idea......and yes, being overly cautious certainly won't hurt anything.
    2016 F350 CrewCab Dually
    2018 Momentum 394M...Heavily Modded!
    2023 Suzuki GSX-S1000 GT+
    Excessive Payload is a Wonderful Thing

"If it ain't fast....It ain't Fun"

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by xrated View Post
    I know the O.P. was specifically asking about a 337RLS, but I just wanted to offer up my thoughts on this. I honestly (most likely) use more than I really need to, but I want it to run the exact same color of pink as it is in the jug.....not watered down, AND...as inexpensive as the A.F. is compared to repairs for frozen lines....I wouldn't care if I used 10 gallons of the stuff. I actually only used about 4 1/2 total in the Momentum 394
    I'm with you on using more than really needed. I just bought a case of 6 gallons and used them all on our 349. Not because I needed to, but because I wanted to make sure all water was out of the lines. Ran 4 through the system to get sinks, shower, toilet, spray ports, etc. The other 2 went as an added precaution for the traps and washing machine

I guess that's down in quantity from my previous dual bathroom, outdoor kitchen bunkhouse at least!
    Last edited by QCCowboy; 11-04-2019 at 01:49 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I used 5 gallons this year but I was very liberal with running it and feeding it down the traps. I could probably get by with 3 gallons.
    2019 Ford F-350 Limited
    2019 Grand Design Solitude 384GK

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I didn’t read through each post, but did you do the lines for the washer in the closet?

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I also have a 2020 337 RLS. I was pretty much finished after about 2 gallons but... I did extra and ended up using 4 gallons total just to be safe. Don't forget washer and hookups and the outside shower.

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ramcneal View Post
    Thanks. I only used 1.5 gallons and I'm wondering if I missed something.
    I used about this amount too.

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by drpower View Post
    I didn’t read through each post, but did you do the lines for the washer in the closet?
    Yup. Flushed both the hot and cold lines for the washer. As I said, I think the difference between what I used and others who responded is simply one of my not flushing the lines as long as others.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    2018 Dodge 3500 DRW
    2019 Reflection 337RLS

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast