User Tag List

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Did you do your spray ports and low point drains. Also dump several cups in each drain. On ours you have to use air to evacuate the fresh water fill. Also have you drained the hot water heater. I have an Imagine and use about 4 gallons.

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ddepew View Post
    Did you do your spray ports and low point drains. Also dump several cups in each drain. On ours you have to use air to evacuate the fresh water fill. Also have you drained the hot water heater. I have an Imagine and use about 4 gallons.
    No sure why you'd have to purge the lines with air first. Without the pump running nothing is being pushed through the lines. Yes, there will be a slow mixture of water and anti-freeze, but if one is going from faucet to faucet I doubt that'd be an issue. With the pump on and siphoning from an anti-freeze jug one should be able to simple run each faucet until anti-freeze comes out. I've done it this way for years, maybe I've just been lucky. Once complete I did open the low point drains and the hot water tank was also drained.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    2018 Dodge 3500 DRW
    2019 Reflection 337RLS

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ramcneal View Post
    I didn't read your post as being negative in any manner. At this point I suspect the difference in the amount used is simply one of how long each of us runs the faucets after seeing the pink anti-freeze come out. I probably shut off the faucet far sooner than others.

I've made mistakes in the past with my trailers, but I've always had a few short trips planned early in the spring to shake things out before any multi-week trips we would take during the summer. This time things are different. I just purchased our 337RLS, did a shake down trip, and then had to winterize the trailer. I'll pull it home mid-December and load it up for a 5 week trip down south. No chance for a shake down so I'm being a little paranoid about making a mistake during the winterization because broken pipes could put a damper on the trip.

I think I'll buy a couple extra gallons and go through opening the faucets and values again just to make sure. Overly cautious I'm sure, but you know the old saying "Better safe than sorry."

Thanks everyone.
    Don't forget the washer lines, hot and cold in the front closet, kind of a pain. I put a garden hose fitting(female) on a short piece of clear plastic pipe so as to run the water/antifreeze into a bucket as it came through the lines.

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have a 2019 reflection MKS 320 and I just winterized this week I used just over a gallon and a half I did pour antifreeze down all of the drains with that I used about 2 1/2 gallons total for winterizing also I manually pumped some antifreeze in the black flush line So there was no water in the lines to freeze

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I did not you mention the bathroom sink

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by greenjeans View Post
    Don't forget the washer lines, hot and cold in the front closet, kind of a pain. I put a garden hose fitting(female) on a short piece of clear plastic pipe so as to run the water/antifreeze into a bucket as it came through the lines.
    When I was looking to setup a hose to siphon the anti-freeze I was really surprised to find the various pieces to be rather expensive, well more than I expected. I thought what the heck and walked over to the garden center and found a cheap garden hose for $8.99. So, I simply chopped off a small section from with the male connector to use and for some crazy reason I kept the other end. When I was making the rounds to each of the faucets I remembered the washer connections and thought to myself "Perfect, I've got just what I need". I cut about three feet from the female end and used the empty gallon jug I had. So, yup I did think of the washer. :-)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    2018 Dodge 3500 DRW
    2019 Reflection 337RLS

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by sherman View Post
    I did not you mention the bathroom sink
    I got all three outlets in the bathroom. The shower (hot and cold), the sink (hot and cold), and the toilet.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    2018 Dodge 3500 DRW
    2019 Reflection 337RLS

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Sounds like, as someone else said, you’ve got it all covered. Someone asked, but I didn’t notice if you specifically answered: outside quick connects??? We have two on our little trailer.

Funny story, this year I used way too much-on the driveway! Plugged in the quick connect hose so it would be ready, and didn’t notice the little wire bale was engaged to keep the nozzle open. Couldn’t understand why the pump kept sucking the pink stuff instead of coming to pressure and shutting off argh and duh!!
    N

Oh, and one other thing. Last year, we winterized in a big hurry because we used the trailer right up to the day before we put her in storage. We drove away with me worrying that I’d short-changed the toilet (barely pink). Had no problem come spring. Even a little anti freeze will keep it slushy.
    Last edited by Houndbb; 11-11-2019 at 05:20 AM.
    Bruce and Nancy
    2018 Imagine 2150rb
    2011 Silverado 1500 5.3L

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Houndbb View Post
    Sounds like, as someone else said, you’ve got it all covered. Someone asked, but I didn’t notice if you specifically answered: outside quick connects??? We have two on our little trailer.
    Got the outside shower done as well.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    2018 Dodge 3500 DRW
    2019 Reflection 337RLS

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Ramcneal, The 12v water pump does not feed the fresh water tank fill so it seems it would have water in the fill line unless you blow it out by setting the camper to fill the tank then blow out the line. Also I’m not sure how antifreeze backs up to the hose attachment area so I always open all faucets and low drain lines and blow them out at the water hose attachment area before pumping antifreeze. I don’t know if I’m right, but that’s why I use air on the lines. No leaking pipes after 2 winters.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast