Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
    Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Reflection 21 foot Awning

I am considering buying a Reflection 297RSTS travel trailer which has a 1 pc 21 foot awning that goes overtop of the 'kitchen' slide out.
    Can anyone tell me if it's possible to angle the awning, in the event of rain, on the side that does not have the door. I just don't know how much clearance there is between the awning and the slide out.

Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Chillier View Post
    I am considering buying a Reflection 297RSTS travel trailer which has a 1 pc 21 foot awning that goes overtop of the 'kitchen' slide out.
    Can anyone tell me if it's possible to angle the awning, in the event of rain, on the side that does not have the door. I just don't know how much clearance there is between the awning and the slide out.
    You can only angle the side with the door. There is not enough clearance on the kitchen slideout at the living room end to angle it for rain.

Rob

P.S. This is one of the few things that I don't like about our 297RSTS. Grand Design should really put a shorter awning on the front and another awning on the slideout like they do on other models.
    Rob & Barb
    2022 Solitude 378MBS
    2022 RAM 3500 SRW HO Aisin 4x4
    Waterloo, Ontario, Canada

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I agree with Calbar I don't like my awning either. I find it to be pretty much useless.
    2013 Ford Eco Boost CC ( previous)
    2016 Chevy Silverado 2500HD
    2019 Reflection 297 RSTS

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks Rob. That was the answer I was hoping not to hear. I might have to re-consider the Imagine 2970RL instead. BTW, I am in Waterloo as well.

Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Chillier View Post
    Thanks Rob. That was the answer I was hoping not to hear. I might have to re-consider the Imagine 2970RL instead. BTW, I am in Waterloo as well.
    Welcome to the forum from Waterloo. Where are you looking to purchase you Grand Design? We got our best price at Layzee Acres. Saved a lot of money for a few hours drive.

Yes we didn't realize that the awning would be exactly like this as we never pulled it out before we bought. First time was in Florida on the first trip. That said I don't find the awning useless like papermakermd and we use it all the time. I just think it could have been planned out better. Personally we would still purchase the Reflection over the Imagine. We just found we liked the bit higher quality things like the blinds, W/D hookup, solid counters much more appealing and the awning in no way would have been a deal breaker for us as it still works to provide shade. You can get something called an awning gutter that will drain the water down without making a splashing mess.

Rob
    Rob & Barb
    2022 Solitude 378MBS

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We went to Can Am RV in London last weekend. We also spoke to a rep from Layzee Acres at the Fall RV show a few weeks ago.

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I like the awning. It covers a nice area, and it obviously covers the outside kitchen and the tv. This is my first travel trailer and I am pleased with the 297rsts.

Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by jabhoyt View Post
    I like the awning. It covers a nice area, and it obviously covers the outside kitchen and the tv. This is my first travel trailer and I am pleased with the 297rsts.
    Don't get me wrong I like the awning too and find it gives nice shade. I just think GD could have done the same thing on the 297RSTS with a second awning on the slide like the 315 which would have covered the outside kitchen and TV as well and allowed a slide out awning as well as better lighting at night since the second awning would not have covered the lights. Those really are my only things that I am not too fond of with the awning layout.

Rob
    Rob & Barb
    2022 Solitude 378MBS