Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Apps.

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Apps.

Hello: I am new here and this is the first time I have posted. I have been reading a lot of threads and learning a lot as I am a newbie to RVing. I will be buying a new Solitude and starting my retired life. I am a retired police officer from Alaska and will be roaming the lower 48 to enjoy some life . My question is, What are the best Apps to have on my cell that will help with this life stile. Camp grounds, Maps, places to see and things to do. Anything you guys have would be great. Thanks and we will be seeing you on the road.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Campendium - campground locator and ratings (more BLM/boondocking)
    RecGovCamp - recreation.gov app, I use it primarily for reservations
    Allstays- more search/ratings (more for paid CGs)
    KOA - reservations when I know I need full hookups/research indicates they are the best camping choice
    Tapatalk- access to this forum
    Google Maps - ratings, satellite imagery to look at campgrounds, route planning (there are probably better route planners, I just haven’t needed more. Yet.)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Ussuri Bruin (and his owners)
    2014 Ram Laramie Mega Cab 3500 DRW
    24K Pull-Rite SuperGlide Hitch
    2015 Momentum 380TH

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We are new RVers as well and in addition to some of those mentioned above we've used.

RV Parky - We use this to plan/route trips along with google maps. It has a lot of camp grounds in there, as well as fuel stations, truck stops and places to overnight.

CoPilot - This is an RV Navigation app. It is "supposed: to keep you away from routes with low bridges, out of propane free tunnels, off certain bridges that you may be to heavy for, off parkways, etc.. If you travel to the East coast of the country there are tons of passenger car only highways called "Parkways". These typically have very low bridges and overpasses that you want to stay clear of. Unfortunately most of the standard GPSs don't know enough to keep you off the parkways and they can get you into a bad situation real fast, especially in New York, New Jersey and Connecticut. There are other RV Navigation Apps and dedicated devices made by Garmen, Ran McNally and others. We've been using it since May of this year and we've put over 4000 miles on the trailer and so far its worked okay.

wrp75..... Thanks for the tip! I hadn't heard of Campendium or RecGovCamp. Both to be very useful?

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by mediumsgt View Post
    Hello: I am new here and this is the first time I have posted. I have been reading a lot of threads and learning a lot as I am a newbie to RVing. I will be buying a new Solitude and starting my retired life. I am a retired police officer from Alaska and will be roaming the lower 48 to enjoy some life . My question is, What are the best Apps to have on my cell that will help with this life stile. Camp grounds, Maps, places to see and things to do. Anything you guys have would be great. Thanks and we will be seeing you on the road.
    I would add trip advisor,It’s a subscription, but very comphensive, routing, campgrounds with access to ratings. Includes state and national parks, COE etc, not sure about boondocking

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    2018 Reflection 27RL
    2017 GMC 2500

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by BeerBrewer View Post
    wrp75..... Thanks for the tip! I hadn't heard of Campendium or RecGovCamp. Both to be very useful?
    Of course, and yes, I find myself using both regularly. I should have pointed out that I stay west of the Mississippi River and don’t have to worry as much on routing. That’s a much more significant issue the further east one goes.

I look forward to other recommendations- I’m sure there are more great apps out there.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Ussuri Bruin (and his owners)
    2014 Ram Laramie Mega Cab 3500 DRW
    24K Pull-Rite SuperGlide Hitch
    2015 Momentum 380TH

Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Good discussion. We have found using too many tools gets confusing and gives conflicting information and most are not RV friendly.
    We mainly use the RV Trip Wizard for trip/route, campgrounds/reviews and fuel stop over planning.
    Garmin RV 660 for navigation and good old fashion new addition Good Sams RV map atlas.
    Gas buddy cell phone app for fuel prices and stations backup, Google Chrome for web surfing and Google Earth for satellite view.
    Last edited by Steven@147; 10-31-2019 at 11:19 AM.
    Steve & Tami Cass - Escapee's, FMCA Members, Texas Fulltimers Since July 2020
    2019 Solitude 3350RL S-Class, 2018 Ram 3500 DRW, Laramie Longhorn, B&W Companion, Texas Class A Non-CDL Drivers License
    Sharing the Fulltime Lifestyle - www.youtube.com/@tsrvadventures3219/videos, Nonprofit Channel

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thank you wrp75_CO. I will be checking into all that you have listed.

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    BeerBrewer Thank you for your response and your advice. I will be looking into those.
    Last edited by mediumsgt; 11-01-2019 at 01:29 AM.

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thank you tortise! I will be looking at trip advisor.

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Steven@147 thank you and I will be looking at RV Trip Wizard.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast