Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
    Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

297 rsts Reflection waste tank valves

Awww crap....literally. Was walking by the trailer and noticed a drip on the drain pipe from under the cap... carefully opened it (I've been to this circus before) and find that it is from the black water tank.
    I had noticed from the start that my tanks drain much slower than any other rig I have had, but to this moment have not really thought much about it... they drained and I was happy... now I obviously have a leaky valve.
    Is this a common problem with GD or these particular trailers? How about the slow draining?

I know in the spring I need to drop the coroplast to finish the job that GD started when they built this but I am curious, those of you that have tackled the waste tanks, how bad a job is it?

Did you make any modifications to make it better while you were there?

Thanks
    2019 297 RSTS
    2017 Dodge Ram 2500 diesel
    The wife and 2 dogs..

Mentioned
    230 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Are you sure it is a leak or residual in the piping from the tank to the discharge?

The valve is at the tank and there is a good bit of pipe until it terminates.
    Steve- Inventory Manager at Tom Schaeffer's RV, Shoemakersville, PA www.tomschaeffers.com
    [email protected]
    2011 RAM 3500 SRW Outdoorsman Edition 4X4, 6.7 Cummins--TWEAKED!
    2021 Reflection 310RLS

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by jdmert View Post
    Awww crap....literally. Was walking by the trailer and noticed a drip on the drain pipe from under the cap... carefully opened it (I've been to this circus before) and find that it is from the black water tank.
    I had noticed from the start that my tanks drain much slower than any other rig I have had, but to this moment have not really thought much about it... they drained and I was happy... now I obviously have a leaky valve.
    Is this a common problem with GD or these particular trailers? How about the slow draining?

I know in the spring I need to drop the coroplast to finish the job that GD started when they built this but I am curious, those of you that have tackled the waste tanks, how bad a job is it?

Did you make any modifications to make it better while you were there?

Thanks
    Have not had an issue with the valves or tanks on our 297RSTS. The only thing I am starting to wonder is if they are draining all the way or not. Only had issues with the black tank sensors on my Rockwood but on this one I have issues on both grey too which makes me wonder.

Rob
    Rob & Barb
    2022 Solitude 378MBS
    2022 RAM 3500 SRW HO Aisin 4x4
    Waterloo, Ontario, Canada

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have not had any problems yet. We are finished for the season until our winter trip in Jan. It wouldn't surprise me though. We have found a new problem every time out.
    2013 Ford Eco Boost CC ( previous)
    2016 Chevy Silverado 2500HD
    2019 Reflection 297 RSTS

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by huntr70 View Post
    Are you sure it is a leak or residual in the piping from the tank to the discharge?

The valve is at the tank and there is a good bit of pipe until it terminates.
    pretty sure it is the valve, last time out I made certain everything was drained as much as possible, nothing left in the pipe. The leak showed up several days later, and looking in the tank it is obvious it did not empty completely.
    2019 297 RSTS
    The wife and 2 dogs..

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by papermakermd View Post
    I have not had any problems yet. We are finished for the season until our winter trip in Jan. It wouldn't surprise me though. We have found a new problem every time out.
    yeah, I know that feeling.
    2019 297 RSTS
    The wife and 2 dogs..