User Tag List

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Peloton Bike

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks Mark, I use the app for the yoga, arms and shoulders workouts. They are great. I will look into a trainer, I have a downhill MB so I will look into the possibilities. It would be a monster to haul around.
    2020 RAM DRW Longhorn HO Cummings
    2020 375RES-R

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    First of all, thank you for your service!!! Most people don't realize that a serious workout on a stationary bike, whether it is a Peloton or a regular bike mounted on a trainer, is a more intense workout than you will get with most other types of activity. I'm absolutely sure that you get out and enjoy other things! I take my mountain bike onboard my sailboat, along with a trainer, and put it on the foredeck to do a workout. I even have my wife do the navigation sometimes so that I can get a workout while underway. I also use it while in anchorages or tied up at a marina. I do a lot of serious road biking and the workouts help me stay in shape when I'm not riding.

Gary Harkins

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I found this thread because we are also trying to find a way to RV with our Peloton(s). We also hit it at 5am and you are likely regularly competing against my partner - he is rarely outside the single digits on the leaderboard.

I realize that for some the idea of dragging around a stationary bike would sound insane. That said, the quality of the ride, the accuracy of the metrics and the addictive quality of the classes make this an amazing workout experience.

Since we are transitioning to being full time nomads, I really dislike the idea of giving up this part of my life - it really is compact for a home gym. Don't worry, we also play hard outside too.

I love the idea about the dinette floor hooks. I'm also looking into set ups for toy haulers since they seem to have good options for non-permanent "toys."

Thanks for the ideas. See you on the leaderboard!

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thank you for your service! I have the 385 and there isn’t a lot of room with the slides in. I think your only option is to place it parallel to the dinning table. Depending on the length of the bike it should fit next to the front door. There are a couple of tied downs already on the floor that should work. Two of the four chairs fold up and can be stored under the bed. Your only other option maybe between the two rear slides in front of the couch. But can’t remember exactly how much room there is. The bike would fit in the bedroom closet but getting it up there would be a challenge. Good luck.
    2020 Solitude 385 GK R
    2019 F-350 Diesel King Ranch SRW
    Load Lifter 5000 lb Air Lift Airbags

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I just looked up the weight of the Peloton bike, frame and monitor it said 270# total is that correct? If so it may offset the refrigerator and pantry in the opposite slide if it is carried on the dinette side and would be over the axles too. Thank you for your service sir!

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Peloton Bike

The folks at Peloton are geniuses... taking a piece of equipment that’s been around for almost a hundred years and making it seem interesting again by sticking an interactive Computer screen on it. It’s pure genius.

They should come out with a treadmill where you can compete with people who are running in real marathons.

I understand the niche it fills but it still amazes me how they were able to make exercise bikes cool again.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Last edited by DaveMatthewsBand; 02-28-2020 at 09:34 AM.
    Resistance is Not Futile, It's Voltage Divided by Current.

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I did a search for Peloton because I'm thinking about traveling with mine. I will probably forgo it and just do workouts on the app. But I'm just here to say that I completely understand the addiction. I love my bike and use it everyday. Going on 'vacation' without it makes me feel a little sad.

And for those who don't understand, there are live rides, group challenges, and so many other things that make it special. It's not just about getting your heartrate up and using some muscles, it's a whole community. On top of that, if you're traveling with kids it's not always possible to get the full workout you need from just a nearby hike or bike ride.

Also, DaveMatthewsBand, they do make a treadmill. But Peloton has not made a deal with Zwift and I think they should.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I’m not moving my 5th wheel until October & was wanting to set my bike in the “theater room” in the rear of trailer. I was wondering if this would be an issue on the weight & or vibration messing up the floor or anything like that. Any advice is appreciated, TIA.

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by hub375 View Post
    1. Thanks for the comment but cannot find an answer in the response.

2. You have know idea who your responding to, I am a Retired 1SG AD Army 22 years (most of which was in the Special Operations Community), two years in Iraq, three in Afghanistan and one year and some change in Kyrgyzstan, so I'm pretty competitive. I do have a downhill mountain bike (which I use) a tarpon 14' fishing kayak and fly fish off on my SUP.

3. I normally start my mornings with a 5-6 AM Peloton 30-45 live ride competing against some world class athletes, so its kind of addictive and don't want to leave it behind.

4. I personally have not found any trails that challenge me, but then again I have humped some steep mountains with 65lbs of gear in the Stan.

hub375 OUT
    Thank you for your service!
    2023 Momentum 397TH w/Gen3 Goosebox
    2020 GMC Sierra Denali Duramax
    2020 F-450 Limited PowerStroke

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by hub375 View Post
    Thanks Mark, I use the app for the yoga, arms and shoulders workouts. They are great. I will look into a trainer, I have a downhill MB so I will look into the possibilities. It would be a monster to haul around.
    If you are already hauling a MTB around, you might consider trying Zwift while using a smaller smart trainer. For example, the Tacx Neo 2T is great, folds up into a pretty small size, and weighs about 50 lbs ±. I've never used a Peloton so I can't speak to a comparison of the platforms. However, I've used Zwift extensively and really like it. I normally just ride at my target heart rate, but it's hard not to be competitive when there are riders all around you and you know that they are all sitting on their bike somewhere sweating up a storm just like you are - "can I beat this person to the top of that hill".
    2021 Solitude 380FL-R
    Ram 3500 MegaCab SB DRW

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast