Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Peloton Bike

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Peloton Bike

Is anyone traveling with their peloton bike? If so how are you transporting it inside your 5er? We are trading in our 2019 315RTLS on a 2020 385GK.
    2020 RAM DRW Longhorn HO Cummings
    2020 375RES-R

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Ok, I apologize ahead of time for being forward, I don't mean to be rude. But hears the thing, a stationary bike in an RV kind of isn't cool. The idea behind an RV is you travel, you get outside and exercise. There are millions of hiking trails that will be challenging. IMHO you no longer need a stationary bike.

Again, I apologize for being forward and rude.
    Dallas
    2017 Momentum 376TH, 2019 Ford F450, Dual Rear Wheel, 4x4, diesel.
    2015 Harley-Davidson Street, XG750

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by D2Reid View Post
    Ok, I apologize ahead of time for being forward, I don't mean to be rude. But hears the thing, a stationary bike in an RV kind of isn't cool. The idea behind an RV is you travel, you get outside and exercise. There are millions of hiking trails that will be challenging. IMHO you no longer need a stationary bike.

YEA..That was a really stupid response....why is a stationary bike not cool..??? No....a RV is to travel etc....not to get out and exercise... If that's what you like do it.... wow,,,,, yes.... forward...and rude....
    2019 Solitude 372WB FBP loaded
    2021 Ford F350 King Ranch 6.7 FX4 Long Bed Rapid Red
    1970 Plymouth Roadrunner
    1968 Dodge Charger

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by D2Reid View Post

1. Thanks for the comment but cannot find an answer in the response.

2. You have know idea who your responding to, I am a Retired 1SG AD Army 22 years (most of which was in the Special Operations Community), two years in Iraq, three in Afghanistan and one year and some change in Kyrgyzstan, so I'm pretty competitive. I do have a downhill mountain bike (which I use) a tarpon 14' fishing kayak and fly fish off on my SUP.

3. I normally start my mornings with a 5-6 AM Peloton 30-45 live ride competing against some world class athletes, so its kind of addictive and don't want to leave it behind.

4. I personally have not found any trails that challenge me, but then again I have humped some steep mountains with 65lbs of gear in the Stan.

hub375 OUT
    2020 375RES-R

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks hub375 for you service. Veterans Day is Nov 11; encourage everyone to watch video on PBS, SGT Lambert.

https://www.pbs.org/national-memoria...versary-d-day/
    Last edited by Buckskin; 11-03-2019 at 06:15 AM.

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by JMCFAN View Post
    YEA..That was a really stupid response.....
    You are correct, I am chastised.

Quote Originally Posted by hub375 View Post
    1. Thanks for the comment but cannot find an answer in the response.

2. You have know idea who your responding to
    I owe you an apology also, I did not know all of the circumstances nor did I know that you actually use a stationary bike. My response was narrow minded based on my limited experience with stationary bike, that being that people buy them and then don't ever use them. That was the basis of my response, and, it was wrong.

Do keep up the exercise program, from one that has let things slide in his 60's I can tell you that the dues you pay today will keep giving dividends in the future, also that trying to get caught up from slacking off is really painful.
    Dallas
    2017 Momentum 376TH, 2019 Ford F450, Dual Rear Wheel, 4x4, diesel.
    2015 Harley-Davidson Street, XG750

Mentioned
    136 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by hub375 View Post
    Is anyone traveling with their peloton bike? If so how are you transporting it inside your 5er? We are trading in our 2019 315RTLS on a 2020 385GK.
    I'm not familiar with your floor plan, but 2 options come to mind. Install some D rings somewhere in the floor or install e-track in the floor which gives you some more flexibility for strapping down the bike. Either option will require some type of ratchet strap or something similar, but it will hold the bike in place.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
    2023 Momentum 398M-R
    2023 Ford F-450

SOLD - 2021 Reflection 311BHS
    SOLD - 2017 Momentum 399TH

Mentioned
    54 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    @hub375 I'm kinda springboarding off of @FT4NOW's suggestion...

In our trailer we long ago stopped strapping down the dining table chairs before travel; we just leave the two of them in place and pull in the slide. We've done a whole lot of driving since we stopped tying them down, over a wide variety of terrain, and never seen any sign that the chairs have moved around.

So, to my point, there are already some tie-downs there that might be re-purposed for your bike. Stack two chairs on the rear side of the table and tie them down, use the space on the front side of the table to park your bike and tie it down? The anchors are not likely strong enough but they could be upgraded, and maybe there's not enough space there to park your bike during travel, but it's a half-baked consideration.

Good luck figuring it out.
    Mark - 2018 Solitude 310GK - 2017 F-350 diesel SRW short box - Pullrite Superglide hitch

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    That is a great idea!!
    2020 375RES-R

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hey Hub374,

First off thank you for your service man. You are appreciated.
    I also love to workout with Peleton - it’s perhaps the best overall cardio and leg workout there is and I use it as part of my training for triathlon. Did you know there is a Peleton app for iPad/iPhone? It gives you access to the very same workout catalog as you have with the bike, including live classes. But you can use it with a non-Peloton bike. This is what we do and it’s very effective. You could get a trainer and use it with your road bike. This is a much lower weight combination and you can take your road bike out for a ride if you want so you get dual use out of your bike. Something to consider. The trainer would easily fit in the trailer or truck and the bike could too or you carry it on a rack. Far easier to move than a Peleton bike - those things are pretty bulky and heavy. My wife sets the trainer and road bike up under the awning and you can use the outdoor tv or watch your iPad screen. Whatever works best for you. Just an idea.
    Mark
    2020 Reflection 303RLS 2019 Ram 3500 SRW Laramie HO Cummins
    2018 Flagstaff Shamrock 21SS Hybrid (previous)

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast