Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

110v fridge on outdoor kitchen

Hello all;
    I am a new member and just purchased a Laredo 303tg. We are not new to TT but new to Keystone. We very excited about the new TT and outdoor kitchen.

Problem: We do lots camping without power. I have a yamaha genny that I run a couple hours a day to charge batteries. How can I take advantage of the outdoor 110 fridge without power? Will it work ok as an ice box? Will dry ice work? Really too bad the fridge is not propane. Any suggestions appreciated.

Mentioned
    240 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Well, since this is a Grand Design RV forum, you may not get a whole lot of answers.

The outdoor fridge is standard in the industry though. As you found out, it is a 110 only fridge. You can either run your genny or use it as storage. Some people have also tied an inverter into the 12 volt to power the little dorm fridge.
    Steve- Inventory Manager at Tom Schaeffer's RV, Shoemakersville, PA www.tomschaeffers.com
    [email protected]
    2011 RAM 3500 SRW Outdoorsman Edition 4X4, 6.7 Cummins--TWEAKED!
    2021 Reflection 310RLS

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I had the same issue (boondocking while powering the beer fridge!) So I ran a new 30a 12v circuit from the distribution panel to a 12v power port in the outdoor kitchen area, then plugged in a 300W inverter. It’s more than enough to run the fridge (which only pulls about 60-70 W, it turns out) and ideally the solar panels can keep that running while also charging the battery.

Only challenge now is it seems to get awfully hot in the outdoor kitchen area when the door is closed... I wonder if I should add a small fan to pull air in from the water heater area or even from under the bunk...
    2020 Imagine 2400BH
    2021 Ram 2500 Laramie - 6.7L Cummins Turbo Diesel

BattleBorn LiFePO4 - Renogy/Victron Solar - SumoSprings - SeeLevel II

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

110v fridge on outdoor kitchen

Quote Originally Posted by Xususo View Post
    Hello all;
    I am a new member and just purchased a Laredo 303tg. We are not new to TT but new to Keystone. We very excited about the new TT and outdoor kitchen.

Problem: We do lots camping without power. I have a yamaha genny that I run a couple hours a day to charge batteries. How can I take advantage of the outdoor 110 fridge without power? Will it work ok as an ice box? Will dry ice work? Really too bad the fridge is not propane. Any suggestions appreciated.
    Lol

Seeing as this was six months ago I assume he figured out this isn’t the Keystone owners forum.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Last edited by DaveMatthewsBand; 04-29-2020 at 02:18 AM.
    Resistance is Not Futile, It's Voltage Divided by Current.

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I recently upgraded my batteries from 1x12v to 2x6 and it occurred to me to use the old 12v battery to power the mini fridge. My plan is to place the 12v battery on the shelf beside the fridge and connect both a 400W inverter and a battery charger to it. The plan would be to plug the fridge into the inverter and the charger into the 120V trailer outlet. We generally run our generator for a couple hours a day so the charger will hopefully be able to maintain the battery as it powers the fridge. Has anyone tried a similar configuration?

An alternative I've considered is going with the Ego Nexus escape https://www.homedepot.ca/product/ego...saAg2WEALw_wcB
    I'm not sure if it will run the fridge (rated at 110W)
    2020 Transcend Xplor 243BH

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    On one of the GD Facebook pages one guy said the 400W inverter in his truck would not run the outside fridge.
    2019 F-250 Supercab
    2017 Imagine 2650RK

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The outdoor fridge draws around 110W after the initial startup. I have a 300W plug in inverter and it handles it just fine
    2020 Imagine 2400BH
    2021 Ram 2500 Laramie - 6.7L Cummins Turbo Diesel

BattleBorn LiFePO4 - Renogy/Victron Solar - SumoSprings - SeeLevel II