User Tag List

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Titan Disc brake bearing repack

Hello all,
    Had the Titan disc brakes installed by Performance Trailer Braking in my driveway last year. At the time, the installer said the bearings did not need to be repacked every year, just inspected. I don't know much, but I have only read of the industry standard of a yearly repack. Suffice to say, I do not have the expertise to do this, so I am going to bring it to a local repair place that has done warranty work before. They don't sell RV's, but do repair work on heavy vehicles and RV's.
    As far as differences, and I'm showing my ignorance here, does the total disc assembly need to be removed and the brake lines capped somehow to remove, inspect, and grease the bearings? I have looked into mobile techs around here...none do axle or brake work. I am not feeling good about bringing it to any local RV dealer. I did bring my previous trailers with drums and magnets to the local dealer, but I doubt they have experience with discs. I even called a DRV suites dealer near Atlanta. They come with discs standard, and their service shop will not do bearing service.
    thanks all for any info.
    RobM
    RobM
    2017 Chevy Silverado 3500 L5P, Transfer Flow 35 Gal Aux Fuel Tank, Pace Edwards Full Metal JackRabbit Tonneau Cover
    2018 Solitude 310-GKR, Curt Q-20 puck system hitch, TST TPMS 507, Titan discs

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You have to unbolt the caliper and lay it up on the springs to remove the rotor/hub assembly. This doesn't require removing the brake line, it has a flexible (approx 10") hose going to the caliper. As far as doing every year, that's the safe thing to do. I have a boat trailer that sits in the heat and even Lucas "red tacky #2 " melts a little. You can see it running down the wheel. This is why the say yearly inspection.

If all you are doing is wheel bearings, I would take it to a trailer place for service. They probably do far more bearings than a RV dealer and they seem to have a get it in and get it out service philosophy.

Red
    Location - Wherever the road takes us...Full-timers
    2015 Momentum 380
    2019 Ram Dually