User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    David and Kelly

First time out/ some issues noted

Hi everyone! We took our new Reflection 303RLS out for the first time over the weekend. We loved it and are very glad we made the purchase.

There were a couple issues and we wondered what others experiences were with them.

Not a fan of the Furrion electronics. Our DVD player did not read the discs and would not play them. Has anyone else had this problem? Is there another brand of electronics that someone can recommend that are similar in size to the audio system in the Reflection? We already have a replacement TV to put in there.

Our fridge took almost 24 hours to get it to a little under 40 degrees. We keep our home one at 38. Is this a normal length to get it to cool?

All in all, we love our new 5th Wheel and can't wait to get out again! Thanks!!

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Cool

Quote Originally Posted by David and Kelly View Post
    Hi everyone! We took our new Reflection 303RLS out for the first time over the weekend. We loved it and are very glad we made the purchase.

There were a couple issues and we wondered what others experiences were with them.

Not a fan of the Furrion electronics. Our DVD player did not read the discs and would not play them. Has anyone else had this problem? Is there another brand of electronics that someone can recommend that are similar in size to the audio system in the Reflection? We already have a replacement TV to put in there.

Our fridge took almost 24 hours to get it to a little under 40 degrees. We keep our home one at 38. Is this a normal length to get it to cool?

All in all, we love our new 5th Wheel and can't wait to get out again! Thanks!!
    The Furrion isn't bad, not great either, but not bad for this price point...it won't read Blue-ray.

The Atwood refers have had some issues but over all we really like ours. 24 hours seems long to me. Check with your dealer and have the refer recalled parts replaced under warranty. Our refer is cooling food (propane) w/in 4 hours and freezing ice in 5.
    Dean and Cindy
    2014 337 RLS
    Firestone Ride - Rite Airbags
    Ford F-250 6.7 Diesel

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    If you were using your refrigerator on propane I would expect it to cool within 8 hours at the most. We always start ours on propane and then move to auto. But like Justaguy said, there have been issues with some of the Atwood refrigerators, so keep that in mind too.
    Happy Kansans .... DeWayne & Benita
    and one crazy little ShihPoo puppy named Olive Ann
    2015 Reflection 337
    2017 Ford F350 Super Duty SRW

King Pin
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Hi there - Regarding the Atwood refrigerator. Were you running it on gas or electric? If electric, and the heating element is out, it wouldn't cool at all. So I suspect that it's probably okay. Did you set the temperature to 4 or 5 to get to a lower temperature? This last summer, ours would cool to 36 on 4, and 33 on 5. This was with very warm outside temperatures.

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have to agree that the Furrion electronics are mediocre at best, but also agree that the Reflection line is intended for price point market, so you get what you pay for. Our TV went out after about 6 days in our new rig, maybe 8 hours of use. GD was great about shipping a replacement to our current location, and so far, so good. Our remote for the stereo/DVD player has never worked, and they are finally just replacing the whole unit.
    Chuck and Kara
    Southern Arizona
    2014 GD Reflection 337RLS #353
    2006 Chevy Silverado 2500HD- Duramax/Allison

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have no idea why, specifically for the Solitude, they put such low level A/V equipment in the unit. It’s pitched as a “extended stay” product. One of the first things i’m changing is all of the A/V stuff. So far here is the list:

Front room-
    Marantz NR1403 Slim Line 5.1-Channel Home Theater AV Receiver, 6 HDMI
    Samsung UN48H6350 48-Inch 1080p 120Hz Smart LED TV
    Polk Audio RC6s In-Ceiling Stereo Speaker (Single, White), Getting real 5.1 system!
    Polk Audio RTI A3 Bookshelf Speakers, replace the Furrion ones
    Center channel speaker - get rid of that sound bar - ugh.
    Apple TV - Streaming the music from our laptops
    Sony Play Station - I’m not a gammer , but it plays Blue-Ray and all other formats of DVD’s.
    DirectTV receiver
    Apple Mac Mini - hooks up to the TV via HDMI. Can use it as a desktop computer

Of course it will have the DirectTV satellite antenna.

David and Kelly
    Thank you all for the info on the fridge units. We are headed back out over MLK weekend and I'm going to turn it on day before we leave instead of morning of. Thanks!!

David and Kelly
    Jensen makes an audio unit that is pretty similar to the Furrion one. Wonder if it's any good?

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by mburtsvt View Post
    I have no idea why, specifically for the Solitude, they put such low level A/V equipment in the unit. It’s pitched as a “extended stay” product. One of the first things i’m changing is all of the A/V stuff. So far here is the list:

Front room-
    Marantz NR1403 Slim Line 5.1-Channel Home Theater AV Receiver, 6 HDMI
    Samsung UN48H6350 48-Inch 1080p 120Hz Smart LED TV
    Polk Audio RC6s In-Ceiling Stereo Speaker (Single, White), Getting real 5.1 system!
    Polk Audio RTI A3 Bookshelf Speakers, replace the Furrion ones
    Center channel speaker - get rid of that sound bar - ugh.
    Apple TV - Streaming the music from our laptops
    Sony Play Station - I’m not a gammer , but it plays Blue-Ray and all other formats of DVD’s.
    DirectTV receiver
    Apple Mac Mini - hooks up to the TV via HDMI. Can use it as a desktop computer

Of course it will have the DirectTV satellite antenna.

Wondering what satellite service you're going with that supports DirecTV in HD. I haven't found one yet for RV use. At least not in the semi affordable types like the Tailgator or Winegard. Or are you going to just use the manual dish that you dial in yourself? From what I've read setting up a manual DirecTV dish is labor intensive.
    Last edited by goducks14; 11-16-2014 at 11:01 AM.

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by goducks14 View Post
    Wondering what satellite service you're going with that supports DirecTV in HD. I haven't found one yet for RV use. At least not in the semi affordable types like the Tailgator or Winegard. Or are you going to just use the manual dish that you dial in yourself? From what I've read setting up a manual DirecTV dish is labor intensive.
    Winegard SK-SWM3 Slimline Automatic Multi-Satellite TV Antenna. It was only $1550.00 from Amazon and CW did the install for $75.00
    We use the receiver from the house.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast