User Tag List

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Mentioned
    83 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Your level towing should be just fine with clearance and that cover flat-folded. It's when you're in a situation like backing the 5er up a steeply inclined site with the truck still on the level road you want to check. Tried to stop a fella last week before he did the damage, but he didn't see me waving or hear me over the muffler-less exhaust. He had a long bed, but his tonneau folded in 3 pretty big sections and had to be +4" tall off the rail. His spotter was out back and he neither saw or heard the meeting of the tonneau and 5er cap from the cab until I stopped him, but damage was done by then.

I agree with taking your time. There's no award for speed, and more often you just find yourself in for honorable mention for the year's Darwin Awards! Remember, the first rule of backing a combination is to have a clear G.O.A.L. - Get Out And Look, and that means all the way around, above, and under.

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by CoChris View Post
    I have a Ford F350 long bed with the MX4 tonneau and 310 GK. See signature. I tow the same way, three panels folded over the front one and secured with the factory straps. I have a little over 11,000 miles towing without any problems.

Chris
    Same as Chris only I have a RAM no issues great topper ... 6 inches bed rail clearance ... later Frank
    Frank & Cindy --- S Class Solitude 2930RL-R ---2019 Ram 3500 Cummins 6.7 SRW 4x4 8' bed---Remi & Sage traveling Pomskies ---TST 507 TPMS ... B&W Patriot 18K---3.73 axle ... Predator 3500--Backflip MX4---48 days 2019---51 days camped 2020---***Payload 4394***

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12