User Tag List

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Mentioned
    187 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Matdetroit View Post
    Ok that makes sense. So everything is regulated by the same rules.
    Coach net
    Good Sam
    Route 66
    Wholesale warranties
    So Its all about the total cost and number of years if the coverage is the same. Which comes back to, it is profitable if its around $1000 a year in warranty repairs.
    I think it's an assumption to say that everything is "governed by the same rules." A lot depends on where the company is incorporated and whether or not their operations are subject to regulation by that state's insurance commission. You also leave out two of the most important criteria: 1) customer service, and 2) reputation and track record. Good Sam appears to be at the bottom of the heap in those regards. Be careful of painting with a broad brush. FWIW, we've never come even close to $1,000/year in repairs (about $1,600 in four years that weren't covered by the OEM warranty).

Rob
    U.S. Army Retired
    2012 F350 DRW CC LB Lariat PS 6.7
    2020 Solitude 310GK-R, MORryde IS, disc brakes,
    Sailun LRG tires, solar, DP windows, W/D
    (Previously in a Reflection 337RLS)
    Full time since 08/2015

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Second Chance View Post
    I think it's an assumption to say that everything is "governed by the same rules." A lot depends on where the company is incorporated and whether or not their operations are subject to regulation by that state's insurance commission. You also leave out two of the most important criteria: 1) customer service, and 2) reputation and track record. Good Sam appears to be at the bottom of the heap in those regards. Be careful of painting with a broad brush. FWIW, we've never come even close to $1,000/year in repairs (about $1,600 in four years that weren't covered by the OEM warranty).

Rob
    I see that Good Sam has good reputation for roadside but bad for ESP.
    Wow that is great information about the repair cost. I am good at fixing things but I am only worried about big repairs. If refrigerator has to be replaced, then I think they have to remove the slide etc. I guess i will get quote from the others.

Mentioned
    187 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I see that Good Sam has good reputation for roadside but bad for ESP.
    Wow that is great information about the repair cost. I am good at fixing things but I am only worried about big repairs. If refrigerator has to be replaced, then I think they have to remove the slide etc. I guess i will get quote from the others.
    Slide removal is not necessary for refrigerator repair - we had our cooling unit replaced and the tech pulled the frig from inside. If you read on the Good Sam forums, they have a terrible reputation for roadside service, too. Where are you getting your information?

Rob
    U.S. Army Retired
    2012 F350 DRW CC LB Lariat PS 6.7
    2020 Solitude 310GK-R, MORryde IS, disc brakes,
    Sailun LRG tires, solar, DP windows, W/D
    (Previously in a Reflection 337RLS)
    Full time since 08/2015

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Second Chance View Post
    Slide removal is not necessary for refrigerator repair - we had our cooling unit replaced and the tech pulled the frig from inside. If you read on the Good Sam forums, they have a terrible reputation for roadside service, too. Where are you getting your information?

Rob
    Most of my information is from this forum and the GD FB page.
    2020 Imagine 2600RB
    2020 Ram 1500 Limited Hemi V8 Etrq

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Most of my information is from this forum and the GD FB page.
    Our warranty is with Wholesale Warranty out of California. They haven't hesitated once with a claim once we've had a repair company look at what's wrong. Just last week we had to replace the microwave/convection oven. The guy that came to look at it said to be prepared to pay out of pocket because he hadn't seen a warranty cover one yet. Our warranty covered everything but the $100 deductible!

Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Wow, I can't believe what these companies charge for what Rob correctly says is an insurance policy. I bought a new F150 a year ago, The dealer wanted to sell me an ESP through some company I didn't know of. I played him and he was going give it to me for a "really really good price" of $2400. While he was talking, on my phone, I quickly looked up a Ford ESP for 7 years, 75,000 miles, $50 deductible and rental for $1600. That was without trying.
    When I got my Reflection, I requested a quote from Coachnet. The agent came back with a number of $2500. I told him about the Ford ESP for my PU truck and went into how much more complicated and sophisticated things are on a motor vehicle vs a travel trailer. I never heard back from him.
    I really think you are better off putting your ESP money in a mutual fund and use the money if and when needed. Then you'll have enough for a nice upgrade on your next RV.
    Last edited by Wicked ace; 11-09-2019 at 02:57 PM.
    2018 F150 XLT 301a, Screw, 4x4, HDPP, Max tow, Andersen Ultimate w/ Curt Double Lock hitch.
    2019 Grand Design Reflection 150 series 260RD.... SOLD!!!!.

Big Traveler
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    If the plans paid more than the company charges they wouldn't be in business.

I can buy 3 new air conditioners for 2100 and a converter. You also have the manufactures warranty. These plans are a hard pass for us.
    Last edited by Aridon; 11-09-2019 at 04:23 PM.
    2019 Momentum 395
    2018 Ram 3500 DRW 4.10 AISIN

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I stay away from most ESP’s but that’s just me. I believe that in the long haul, the “juice is not worth the squeeze”. I had a total suspension replacement on my previous non GD TT but that was covered by the Dexter 5 year warranty which had nothing to do with the dealership nor the manufacturer so it didn’t cost me a dime. BZ to Dexter, great outfit!!!!

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I’ve had my reflection for a little over two years now. I have had it in numerous times but each time it has been under warranty thank goodness. For the reasons of having it in so many times I decided to go with an extended warranty with wholesale warranties. My research showed them to be one of the better extended warranties out there. So far I have not had to use them.

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have replaced 7 Air Conditioners under the Forever Warranty definitely worth the cost for me.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12