User Tag List

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    That is really a beautiful job I zoomed in on some of the pictures did you buy the ring squeezer for that?

Mentioned
    136 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Larrygdbhs View Post
    That is really a beautiful job I zoomed in on some of the pictures did you buy the ring squeezer for that?
    Thanks. I used a pex crimping tool from Lowes.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
    Attachment 26093
    Attachment 26094
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Screenshot_20200422-011404_Lowe's.jpg  
    2023 Momentum 398M-R
    2023 Ford F-450

SOLD - 2021 Reflection 311BHS
    SOLD - 2017 Momentum 399TH

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Wow - nice job on that. Looks great. I hope to NEVER have to do that. If I do - are you for hire?
    Bob (retired) & Vicki
    Scuba Diver
    US ARMY Vet (Go Cav!)
    2019 Reflection 31MB
    2019 Chevy 2500HD LT Crew Cab Gasser

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by SGT ROC View Post
    Wow - nice job on that. Looks great. I hope to NEVER have to do that. If I do - are you for hire?
    I am sure there are dozens of Nautilus users that would love to use your conversion. Is there any way that you could provide a more detailed description? The fact that you could save many owners considerable frustration and costs has value. I have a number in mind that I would be prepared to pay that would save me costs and provide you with an income.
    Reflection 297RSTS 2018
    Ram 2500 Laramie 6.4 Hemi

Mentioned
    136 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by SGT ROC View Post
    Yeah I hoped I didnt have to either, but I did. As far as for hire, I like Sam Adam's, pretty much all varieties.

2023 Momentum 398M-R
    2023 Ford F-450

Mentioned
    136 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Cahriad View Post
    I am sure there are dozens of Nautilus users that would love to use your conversion. Is there any way that you could provide a more detailed description? The fact that you could save many owners considerable frustration and costs has value. I have a number in mind that I would be prepared to pay that would save me costs and provide you with an income.
    What type of description are you looking for? I would be happy to provide any details I can about what I did that isnt covered in my original post above.

2023 Momentum 398M-R
    2023 Ford F-450

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by FT4NOW View Post
    Yeah I hoped I didnt have to either, but I did. As far as for hire, I like Sam Adam's, pretty much all varieties.

If it happens, Sam can be arranged!!
    Bob (retired) & Vicki
    Scuba Diver
    US ARMY Vet (Go Cav!)
    2019 Reflection 31MB
    2019 Chevy 2500HD LT Crew Cab Gasser

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by FT4NOW View Post
    What type of description are you looking for? I would be happy to provide any details I can about what I did that isnt covered in my original post above.

I guess I am having a problem relating the front drawings to the rear piping connections and what function each valve has to the old set up
    Reflection 297RSTS 2018
    Ram 2500 Laramie 6.4 Hemi

Mentioned
    136 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Cahriad View Post
    I guess I am having a problem relating the front drawings to the rear piping connections and what function each valve has to the old set up
    There are 3 valves on water heater, a hot and cold isolation and then a bypass valve. Those are only used for winterizing or de-winterizing. For normal operation, the bypass is shut and isolation are open, it would be reverse to winterize.

On the main panel you can reference the diagram I included, but it's easy to operate. Pick your source and destination and make sure there is a flow path with the remaining valves shut.

For example, fill the FW tank, open the city valve, cross connect and FW tank valve, ensure the other two are shut.

To use city water, open city valve, cross connect and fixture valve, make sure others are shut.

To use water pump, open water pump valve, cross connect and FW tank valve, make sure others are shut.

To winterize, hook up a cut off hose to city connection and stick hose in RV antifreeze bottle. Open city valve and water pump valve and shut others, turn on water pump and antifreeze will get sucked out of bottle. It's also good to cycle the other valves to ensure antifreeze goes through remaining lines. I did validate it worked by aligning to have antifreeze go into FW tank and then opened the FW tank dump valve and I did see antifreeze come out of the tank dump.

Hope that clears things up for you. Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20200423_170938.jpg 
Views:	64 
Size:	39.6 KB 
ID:	26150

2023 Momentum 398M-R
    2023 Ford F-450

Mentioned
    136 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Just an update, I de-winterized today and there were no leaks anywhere, I think my upgrade worked out well. I definitely had a true test of winter, we had a lot of zero degree days this winter. I'm ready to get the camper back out on the road again.

2023 Momentum 398M-R
    2023 Ford F-450

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast