User Tag List

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I love what you've done and I'm considering doing the same. How do you deal with sanitizing and winterizing? It appears your water filter is inline with the hose/city water connection. Do you use a bypass so you're not running bleach or antifreeze through the filter?

And what kind of filter did you use?
    2014 Ford F-150 Ecoboost / Max Tow / HD Payload
    2018 Reflection 295RL

Mentioned
    136 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by bogen2 View Post
    I love what you've done and I'm considering doing the same. How do you deal with sanitizing and winterizing? It appears your water filter is inline with the hose/city water connection. Do you use a bypass so you're not running bleach or antifreeze through the filter?

And what kind of filter did you use?
    Thanks, I'm very satisfied with how it came out and it works great. It's nice, no o-rings to blow out because something was still pressurized when operated.

Sanitizing and winterizing worked out great, no issues and no leaks when I de-winterized. The filter housing is a Flow Pure 8, came with my camper, I also use the camco inline blue filter at the spigot and we use a berkey water filter for drinking and cooking water.

I remove the filter cartridge when I winterize or sanitize and replace it after I've ran fresh water through everything. The base of the filter is threaded and allows you to swap out the cartridge, very easy, takes about a minute from start to finish.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
    2023 Momentum 398M-R
    2023 Ford F-450

SOLD - 2021 Reflection 311BHS
    SOLD - 2017 Momentum 399TH

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    While I do not argue that the quality of the Nautilus system may be on the low side (LOL)... I am very careful to never mess with any of the valves without bleeding off the pressure with the "outside shower" and all inputs off, even the water pump internally. I have a feeling that is why the blue hose is in the same wet bay.
    2015 Ford F350 6.7L TurboDiesel, Crew Cab, short bed SRW, 4x4, Lariat
    2021 Reflection 5th Wheel 337
    Pullrite Superglide hitch, TST507 TPMS

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I would be interested in hearing what you used for a backing board for the valves. I see the 2 standoffs-did you also mount the 4 angle fittings to the board? How did you mount the new board to the old nautilus panel?
    2014 Ford F-150 Ecoboost / Max Tow / HD Payload
    2018 Reflection 295RL

Mentioned
    136 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by bogen2 View Post
    I would be interested in hearing what you used for a backing board for the valves. I see the 2 standoffs-did you also mount the 4 angle fittings to the board? How did you mount the new board to the old nautilus panel?
    I used a piece of 1x10 I had laying around and I sprayed it with a few coats of outdoor textured paint. It is screwed directly over the old panel (with old valves removed) using 8 screws (not counting screws to hold pipe hangers in place). The angled pieces are not mounted, the only thing holding the fittings to the board are the 2 pipe holders you see from the front view. It is pretty solid and I didnt see a need to use additional mounts for the fittings/valves.

Last edited by FT4NOW; 05-19-2020 at 04:42 PM.
    2023 Momentum 398M-R
    2023 Ford F-450

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by FT4NOW View Post
    After photos:
    Attachment 23371Attachment 23372Attachment 23373Attachment 23374

What is the blue water lines in the lower right of pic....-142344.jpg?

Are you connecting to your water supply with a quick connect?

Do you have a special hose for the tank rinse?

Sent from my SM-N975U using Tapatalk
    Bob & Sherrie
    17 F150 Ecobeast
    19 Reflection 285BHTS
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Mentioned
    136 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by bob074 View Post
    What is the blue water lines in the lower right of pic....-142344.jpg?

Are you connecting to your water supply with a quick connect?

Do you have a special hose for the tank rinse?

The blue lines are low point drains that were factory installed. If you see how they are plumbed, they are anything but low point drains. They are no longer hooked into my plumbing.

I do use a quick connect fitting and I have a short hose for the city water and one for the tank flush. Both hoses use quick connect fittings so it is easy to swap when needed and allows for the tank flush line to drain back out when I'm done flushing.

2023 Momentum 398M-R
    2023 Ford F-450

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by FT4NOW View Post
    The blue lines are low point drains that were factory installed. If you see how they are plumbed, they are anything but low point drains. They are no longer hooked into my plumbing.

I do use a quick connect fitting and I have a short hose for the city water and one for the tank flush. Both hoses use quick connect fittings so it is easy to swap when needed and allows for the tank flush line to drain back out when I'm done flushing.

Where did you get the short quick connect to GH hoses? How long are they? I've been thinking about the same idea. But alway overtaking the cost vs the advantages.

Bob & Sherrie
    17 F150 Ecobeast
    19 Reflection 285BHTS
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Mentioned
    136 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by bob074 View Post
    Where did you get the short quick connect to GH hoses? How long are they? I've been thinking about the same idea. But alway overtaking the cost vs the advantages.

They are very short, just extends a little bit past the hose. Sorry I dont have exact measurements at the moment. I got them on Amazon. Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Screenshot_20200520-090614_Amazon%20Shopping.jpg 
Views:	37 
Size:	46.5 KB 
ID:	26632

2023 Momentum 398M-R
    2023 Ford F-450

Mentioned
    136 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm not sure doing this for cost will win, it was for convenience, reliability and availability of parts if something needs to be replaced in the future. The Nautilus replacement parts arent cheap and they have to be ordered through a dealer. If you break something while camping you are most likely out of luck for awhile vice with my setup I can goto any big box hardware store and easily find replacement parts (maybe not the pressure gage or regulator I have, but those can easily be removed from the system while maintaining full use of everything else since that portion is also on a quick connect) .

2023 Momentum 398M-R
    2023 Ford F-450

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast