Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

This years super tech RV antifreeze of lesser quality?

Has anyone else notice that this years Super Tech RV antifreeze seems to be of a lesser quality than last year? I can't hardly see it come out and its not as thick as it was. My local walmart might have received a bad batch?

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I can't speak to the Super Tech - I didn't get that brand this year, although I used it for many years before this. I bought a brand called "So White" from Rural King. Seems as goo and was cheaper.
    Bob (retired) & Vicki
    Scuba Diver
    US ARMY Vet (Go Cav!)
    2019 Reflection 31MB
    2019 Chevy 2500HD LT Crew Cab Gasser

Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Maximus216 View Post
    Has anyone else notice that this years Super Tech RV antifreeze seems to be of a lesser quality than last year? I can't hardly see it come out and its not as thick as it was. My local walmart might have received a bad batch?
    Just did my Solitude and yes I noticed the change. I had a super tech jug from last year. This year seems to be thinner and a little less pinkish. Compared the labels on the jugs and didn't see any noticeable difference in the contents listing. Your guess is as good as mine whether there is a difference in the formulation. I used 4 gallons to do mine, of course it doesn't get that cold down here.
    Steve & Tami Cass - Escapee's, FMCA Members, Texas Fulltimers Since July 2020
    2019 Solitude 3350RL S-Class, 2018 Ram 3500 DRW, Laramie Longhorn, B&W Companion, Texas Class A Non-CDL Drivers License
    Sharing the Fulltime Lifestyle - www.youtube.com/@tsrvadventures3219/videos, Nonprofit Channel

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I was wondering the isles of a not so local WM, and noticed the change in tint between bottles of the pink anti-freeze. I guess I'm lucky to never have to need it.

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I am not fan of Walmart brands of automotive products. Have old 1997 Honda Accord that I call my dog car because of all the hair from our dog. I tried Walmart's brand Super Tech high mileage motor oil 5W30 and noticed oil light blinking while car was idling; never seen this before. Changed oil immediately with the name brand high mileage oil I had been using(Castrol), same weight 5W30, oil light stopped blinking. This has to tell you something about the quality of their store brand products. Their oil looked very thin, somewhat like water.
    Last edited by Buckskin; 11-04-2019 at 03:42 AM.

Mentioned
    138 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I bought the Rural King A.F. also. They have it in gallon jugs and also in 2 1/2 gallon jugs. I bought two of the larger ones which make it a little more convenient when you are siphoning it out of the jug and into the fresh water pump.
    2016 F350 CrewCab Dually
    2018 Momentum 394M...Heavily Modded!
    2023 Suzuki GSX-S1000 GT+
    Excessive Payload is a Wonderful Thing

"If it ain't fast....It ain't Fun"

Long Hauler
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Buckskin View Post
    I am not fan of Walmart brands of automotive products. Have old 1997 Honda Accord that I call my dog car because of all the hair from our dog. I tried Walmart's brand Super Tech high mileage motor oil 5W30 and noticed oil light blinking while car was idling; never seen this before. Changed oil immediately with the name brand high mileage oil I had been using(Castrol), same weight 5W30, oil light stopped blinking. This has to tell you something about the quality of their store brand products. Their oil looked very thin, somewhat like water.
    The Walmart house brands of motor oil is coming from Exxon/Mobil. I've never had any problem with it in any of my 5 cars and 2 boats.

I had an old SeaDoo, and found the inside of the engine completely clean after many years' usage of their regular outboard motor oil. I later had a SeaDoo XP, but only used SeaDoo synthetic oil since it only has 1 ring and a power valve.

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I am using the Absolute Zero brand antifreeze from Walmart, non alcohol formula. Only about 4 bucks.
    Last edited by acacia987; 11-04-2019 at 10:11 AM.
    Andrew
    2020 Imagine XLS 23BHE

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    When i went to get mine this year i to noticed that the stuff on the shelf had a different tint. Some was a dark pink (last years) and some had a lighter pink. I grabbed the darker. Never had a problem and have been using it for the last 30 years.
    Dave Z
    Troy Missouri
    2020 Reflection 367BHS
    2018 Ram 3500

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I used super tech DEF in my Ram Cummins. At 52K miles I had to replace the DEF pump after getting the “in a 150 miles the truck will go 5 mph max” death warning. It would have been a $2K fix if I did not have the extended warranty. Can I conclusively say it was the super tech DEF that caused the early failure?? No I cannot, but I will only use Blue DEF and pay the extra $4 per big jug from now on.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast