Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by BB&LAB View Post
    I agree. Ours came with slide toppers and I just removed them mostly because they make too much racket in heavy winds, but also because of what has been mentioned here with regards to water, not to mention what if the water freezes in cold weather. I have not shed a tear since removing them.
    Hi BB,
    I'm curious if you've ever noticed standing water on top of your slides after a serious downpour ??
    I've found that my galley slide has a 1/8"+ downwards bow in roof that puddles water until the slide is brought in.
    This worries me as standing water has a dubious way of breaching the best of roof sealant tapes, especially over time.

Michael
    Previously known as mikgala

F-250 7.3 PSD Lariat Super Cab LB wt 152K - 25 row Ford tranny cooler, A&E Air Intake system, TS-6 high performance Super Chip, Air Ride airbags, Bilstein shocks

2017 Reflection 307 MKS 9,875 UVW / 12,995 GVWR / 1,605 Pin

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Da Breeze View Post
    Hi BB,
    I'm curious if you've ever noticed standing water on top of your slides after a serious downpour ??
    I've found that my galley slide has a 1/8"+ downwards bow in roof that puddles water until the slide is brought in.
    This worries me as standing water has a dubious way of breaching the best of roof sealant tapes, especially over time.

Michael
    Michael, I did notice standing water on the slide toppers frequently before removing them. Since I have removed the slide toppers, we have not had any rain, so I cannot speak to standing water on the slides. I sure will be checking them after a rain.
    Regards, Bruce, Lin An, Kenji & Suki (Our two Akitas)
    2019 Solitude 310GK-R
    2015 Ram 3500 Big Horn CC, TD, Aisin Tranny, DRW

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Update: Have not had the problem since. Dealer said it was a seal at the bottom of the slide, which they fixed. That said, i don’t recall closing the slides after a heavy rain. We haven’t been moving much lately.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    2018 Solitude 384 GK-R
    2017 GMC 3500 HD Denali

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12