User Tag List

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Big Traveler
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We took ours out when we had the plumbing leaks. Overly complicated plastic valves, no reason to keep them since I was already doing so much plumbing work. Had that not happened o wouldn't have bothered until there was a problem.
    2019 Momentum 395
    2018 Ram 3500 DRW 4.10 AISIN

Seasoned Camper Dive Bar Casanova's Avatar
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Also a heads up:

2 GD Momentum owners told us apart from Nautilus problems they also had water tank issues. Tank Fittings were over-spun by the supplier causing leaks and other problems.

Dealer installed new tanks, but did not replace the insulation nor the tank heater. Eyes wide open. Insulation is a big selling point and another reason we chose GD.

On our delivery, when we did our walk around and walk thru, the dealer rep told us they were experiencing Nautilus problems in the past but those issues were supposed to be solved on the latest version.

Also, one friend with a new GD experienced the Onan grenading in about 20 minutes.
    Onan/Cummins in Las Vegas treated them super. Offered them the options of: a new generator, rebuild the one they have, or a install rebuilt unit. That's the Cummins talking. Some Cummins owners want one of the three with their trucks. I can understand that.
    Friends opted for a new Onan and it was installed in 3 days. Three days because it had to be shipped to Onan/Cummin in Las Vegas from the great white North..
    They hooked up their Momentum, all covered under warranty and were super people at the Las Vegas Onan/Cummins rep.

We still are happy with our GD.
    We just have to figure out dealing with and being prepared for the mulligans when on vacation.
    Last edited by Dive Bar Casanova; 11-04-2019 at 12:02 PM.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Dive Bar Casanova View Post
    Also a heads up:

2 GD Momentum owners told us apart from Nautilus problems they also had water tank issues. Tank Fittings were over-spun by the supplier causing leaks and other problems.

Dealer installed new tanks, but did not replace the insulation nor the tank heater. Eyes wide open. Insulation is a big selling point and another reason we chose GD.

On our delivery, when we did our walk around and walk thru, the dealer rep told us they were experiencing Nautilus problems in the past but those issues were supposed to be solved on the latest version.

Also, one friend with a new GD experienced the Onan grenading in about 20 minutes.
    Onan/Cummins in Las Vegas treated them super. Offered them the options of: a new generator, rebuild the one they have, or a install rebuilt unit. That's the Cummins talking. Some Cummins owners want one of the three with their trucks. I can understand that.
    Friends opted for a new Onan and it was installed in 3 days. Three days because it had to be shipped to Onan/Cummin in Las Vegas from the great white North..
    They hooked up their Momentum, all covered under warranty and were super people at the Las Vegas Onan/Cummins rep.

We still are happy with our GD.
    We just have to figure out dealing with and being prepared for the mulligans when on vacation.
    These things are a rolling time bomb, something is going to break, and after that something else will fail.
    2019 GMC 3500 HD:)
    2016 Reflection 313RLTS:cool:

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    2.5 years with no problems and we move the valves a lot between city water/power fill/and dry camping.
    2018 Reflection 315RLTS
    2023 F350 Lariat 6.7L/CC/LB/FX4

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    During our trip this past summer (3 months) we had a wet basement a couple of times. I removed the access panel to try and track what was leaking but I could not locate any damp fittings or hoses. The pump is on a slightly raised portion of the floor that area was wet. Trying further diagnostics I was unable to replicate a leak in any configuration of the system. It hasn’t happened again and the dealer didn’t offer any solutions either.
    2017 F-350 Platinum CC Long bed SRW with the Ultimate Tow Package
    Pullrite 16K Hitch
    2019 Reflection 320MKS

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by FT4NOW View Post
    Mine failed, I made a thread on it...you can search "goodbye Nautilus" and you will find it. With that being said, we full timed in it for nearly 3 years and filled the FW tank everyday, it failed 3 months shy of 3 years with everyday use.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

https://www.mygrandrv.com/forum/show...435#post264435
    2022 Imagine XLS 22MLE
    Sold: 2015 27RL
    2016 Ram 3500 Crewcab Cummins SRW

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    42 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Only issue is I had a 90 fitting fail in the back of the unit. Cheap plastic and the metal ring clamp inside let go. Replaced it with an all brass one I got from HD
    2018 Reflection 150 Series 220RK 5th wheel with 6K axle upgrade. B&W 25K OEM Companion, Steadyfast system, 2022 F350 SRW 6.7 King Ranch 8' bed, Trailer reverse lights, rear spare tire holder, storage tube, sumo springs, Victron MultiPlus 12/120/3000, and Solar

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by huntr70 View Post
    We have heard of very few issues with the Nautilus. The "Kantleak", yes, but not eh Nautilus.

Sounds like a lot of cases of vapor lock. Most people barely use their fresh water tanks and they become vapor locked.
    Can you explain this “vapor lock” and how to make sure that does NOT happen? We pick up our reflection next week and we will never probably use our fresh water tank as we will always have water hookup.

Rolling Along
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Dive Bar Casanova View Post
    We're all experiencing either unit won't take on water to fill the tanks, won't work on City/Campground Water function or the pump just sucks air even when the freshwater tanks are full and it's valved to the correct positions.
    Evidently it's a bug in the latest production run.
    Goes in tomorrow for repair.

Good to read some have had little or no issues.
    We're all going to find out why and carry spare parts if possible.
    Thanks for your takes.
    The Nautilus in our 2016 Solitude 379FL failed something 1n 2018. It started sucking air while trying to siphon water from the water cart that we use in state parks. Investigation found that one of the fittings had came apart behind the panel. It appeared to be cross-threaded during assembly/ I dressed the threads and reassembled it. It happened again the next summer...same fitting. Places like General RV sell the complete valve with the fittings...for $120 !!! I contacted the manufacturer who sent me to the Nautilus "assembler" who also said it was backordered, also for $120. Therefore, this "MacGuyver" reassembled the fittings and used a large hose-clamp to hold the connection together...$2. No more problems. I love our nautilus. It makes winterizing breeze too...

Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Sbrunk21 View Post
    Can you explain this “vapor lock” and how to make sure that does NOT happen? We pick up our reflection next week and we will never probably use our fresh water tank as we will always have water hookup.
    It's a good idea to have a little water onboard when traveling. You never know if/when you're going to be stuck on the side of the road waiting for the winds to die down. If you don't have water onboard for the toilet it can be a problem. And, we were in a big RV park in Mesa, AZ when the water was cut off. You never know......

2017 Reflection 26RL "Mili"
    2016 Ford F250 Extended Cab Gas Engine "Buck" (the truck)

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast