User Tag List

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    94 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Installed Switch in Bathroom for Water Pump.

This involved completely replacing the existing wiring and getting a controller. And I had to run new wires. But it well worth it. No more going into the bathroom only to discover I failed to turn on the water pump.

Controller in area behind wet bay (https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...?ie=UTF8&psc=1)
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Screen Shot 2019-11-03 at 5.49.49 PM.jpg 
Views:	133 
Size:	216.9 KB 
ID:	23402

Uses same switch location (which is now a momentary on switch instead of an on/off switch) and the same light on the monitor panel.

Name:	Screen Shot 2019-11-03 at 5.53.50 PM.png 
Views:	115 
Size:	1.62 MB 
ID:	23403

And now another switch - within easy reach when needed..........

Name:	Screen Shot 2019-11-03 at 6.01.21 PM.jpg 
Views:	104 
Size:	191.6 KB 
ID:	23404

I want to thank klenger for some wiring diagrams he had posted a long time ago. He had made the same mod a long time ago and posted them in his diagrams. I duplicated his mod.
    Larry KE4DMG
    2022 F-350 KRU SRW LB - Airlift 5000+, ForScan, 37 RDS Aux Tank,
    2019 310GK-R - Sailuns; MorRyde IS; Disc Brakes; 20K Reese Goosebox
    Search kalakamods for my mods

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Traveldawg,
    Do you recall where you sourced your momentary switch for the monitor panel? Trailer is still in storage and I haven’t been able to measure it.

Thanks.
    John

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    42 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by traveldawg View Post
    This involved completely replacing the existing wiring and getting a controller. And I had to run new wires. But it well worth it. No more going into the bathroom only to discover I failed to turn on the water pump.

Controller in area behind wet bay (https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...?ie=UTF8&psc=1)

Name:	Screen Shot 2019-11-03 at 5.49.49 PM.jpg 
Views:	133 
Size:	216.9 KB 
ID:	23402

Uses same switch location (which is now a momentary on switch instead of an on/off switch) and the same light on the monitor panel.

Name:	Screen Shot 2019-11-03 at 5.53.50 PM.png 
Views:	115 
Size:	1.62 MB 
ID:	23403

And now another switch - within easy reach when needed..........

Name:	Screen Shot 2019-11-03 at 6.01.21 PM.jpg 
Views:	104 
Size:	191.6 KB 
ID:	23404

I want to thank klenger for some wiring diagrams he had posted a long time ago. He had made the same mod a long time ago and posted them in his diagrams. I duplicated his mod.
    Why the controller? Could you not have wired the second switch directly to the pump leaving the other wiring alone. I.E. Second power source to new switch then power the pump and not touch the other wiring that powers the pump?
    2018 Reflection 150 Series 220RK 5th wheel with 6K axle upgrade. B&W 25K OEM Companion, Steadyfast system, 2022 F350 SRW 6.7 King Ranch 8' bed, Trailer reverse lights, rear spare tire holder, storage tube, sumo springs, Victron MultiPlus 12/120/3000, and Solar

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by powerscol View Post
    Why the controller? Could you not have wired the second switch directly to the pump leaving the other wiring alone. I.E. Second power source to new switch then power the pump and not touch the other wiring that powers the pump?
    I plan on using the same type of setup as TravelDawg. Yes, I could just add a switch in the bathroom that goes directly to the pump, bypassing the existing wiring. However, I would have to turn the pump on and off using the same switch. In my old age, I am likely to forget. 😀 That way I can turn it off from one of the other switches. I am also contemplating adding an additional switch near the kitchen sink. (The island makes access to the switch in the monitor panel a little more cumbersome.). The controller makes daisy chaining switches easy.

John

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    94 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Jaymee317 View Post
    Traveldawg,
    Do you recall where you sourced your momentary switch for the monitor panel? Trailer is still in storage and I haven’t been able to measure it.

Thanks.
    John
    I used the existing momentary switch on the main panel and existing indicator light on the water panel. I also used the existing momentary switch in the basement water closet (at least I'm pretty sure I did).

I ran new wires from the panel to the pump. You could use the wires that are there already. i repurposed the wires that were there for my city water control valve. And I also ran a dedicated 12v supply wire from the power panel 12v DC fuse panel to the pump to help eliminate the flickering overhead lights in the RV when the pump ran.

It's like Jaymee317 said.... If you just wire an on/off switch to the pump you have to always turn it off at the same location. I wanted more of a systematic approach with the flexibility to operator the switch independently from 3 locations.
    Larry KE4DMG

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by traveldawg View Post
    I used the existing momentary switch on the main panel and existing indicator light on the water panel. I also used the existing momentary switch in the basement water closet (at least I'm pretty sure I did).
    The original switches are regular on/off. I don’t know whether the switch on the Nautilus panel is the same as the one on the Monitor Panel. I am pulling up pictures online and they are hard to compare. I may have found a switch locally for the one on the monitor panel. Maybe I’ll just have to make a trip to storage to see for myself.

Thanks.
    John

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    94 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Jaymee317 View Post
    The original switches are regular on/off. I don’t know whether the switch on the Nautilus panel is the same as the one on the Monitor Panel. I am pulling up pictures online and they are hard to compare. I may have found a switch locally for the one on the monitor panel. Maybe I’ll just have to make a trip to storage to see for myself.

Thanks.
    John
    Oh drat! You're right. (see - old age setting in - I can't remember "stuff").... I went back out to the RV and checked and rummaged through my spare parts to find what, exactly, I did.

I used JR Products Mini Momentary switch on the main panel (part number 12815). And I used a JR Products part number 12705 for the basement water panel. JR products also had the matching light I used on the basement. Shop around, some places (like Amazon) want way too much for one switch. I think eTrailer has a good price on them.
    Larry KE4DMG

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    TravelDawg,
    Excellent! That is exactly what I needed.

Have a great day.
    John

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    There's an example wiring diagram in the linked spec-sheet doc that really explained what's going on for me. I didn't get it until I saw the diagram. . .

https://www.intellitec.com/wp-conten...-00145-100.pdf

-Steve
    Steve and Renee
    2018 Solitude 310GK, disc brakes, Morryde SRE4000/XFactor with heavy duty shackles
    2012 Ram 3500 SRW 6.7 Diesel, air bags
    18k B&W Companion, non-slider
    640 watts solar, 400 amp-hour Lion Safari UT 1300 battery bank
    Aims 1500 watt inverter/charger with ATS
    Somerset, WI

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    42 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by andrewssteve View Post
    There's an example wiring diagram in the linked spec-sheet doc that really explained what's going on for me. I didn't get it until I saw the diagram. . .

https://www.intellitec.com/wp-conten...-00145-100.pdf

-Steve
    Just so my gray cells understand. While the wiring diagram is easy to understand it appears that if you used lighted switches (like GD has) only the switch that is turned on will light up and the others will stay dark??? Right now both GD switched will light up (Inside panel and outside Nautilus panel) to keep you informed that you have turned the pump on at one of the locations.

By using the controller you loose that feature - correct?

Also thanks for posting the wiring diagram.
    2018 Reflection 150 Series 220RK 5th wheel with 6K axle upgrade. B&W 25K OEM Companion, Steadyfast system, 2022 F350 SRW 6.7 King Ranch 8' bed, Trailer reverse lights, rear spare tire holder, storage tube, sumo springs, Victron MultiPlus 12/120/3000, and Solar

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast