User Tag List

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    94 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    congrats on the install! I'm glad it worked out for you.
    Larry KE4DMG
    2022 F-350 KRU SRW LB - Airlift 5000+, ForScan, 37 RDS Aux Tank,
    2019 310GK-R - Sailuns; MorRyde IS; Disc Brakes; 20K Reese Goosebox
    Search kalakamods for my mods

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Jaymee317 View Post
    I added a momentary switch and LED light assembly on the side of the vanity in the bathroom and ran wires again to the controller. Here is a picture of that installation and the switch and LED are slightly different than the OP's.

Attachment 26786
    Where did you find the switch/LED combo?
    Thx
    Rob, Chris and fur baby Maya - Follow us at rctravels.rmcd.ca
    2019 Solitude 374TH, Victron Multiplus II 3000 2x120, Cerbo GX, 6x Battle Born 100AH, 1800W Solar, Blue Sky CC's, Starlink
    2023 GMC Sierra Duramax Denali 4x4 DRW Longbox Crew Cab, Curt Q25

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by KamFlyer View Post
    Where did you find the switch/LED combo?
    Thx
    I bought the individual components at a local trailer supply "State Trailer". There was the momentary switch, the LED light, and the switch plate. The switch and light each snap into the switch plate. I did have to cut a hole into the cabinets as the backs of the switch and light extended beyond the plate.
    2017 GMC Denali 3500 Crew Cab Std Bed - Anderson Ultimate Hitch
    2020 Grand Design Momentum 320G

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I am thinking of doing the same install with a new pump I just ordered and plan to not use the existing pump or switch wiring, except for the wet bay switch. I have a couple questions which are not clear to me. Like others I want to install a switch in the bathroom and another in the kitchen, and keep the switch in the wet bay, but I see a number of folks are installing momentary switches, my question is if I understand a momentary switch correctly, the pump will only run while the switch is depressed, making it a challenge to wash up, why not install on/off rocker switches, turn it on for as long as needed? My second question is, normally with a SPST switch there are 3-connections, one for power, one for the load and one for ground, so I am unclear how these switches are connected using the Intellitec controller? Third, looking at the Intellitec wiring diagram, I am curious how the connections are physically made to the intellitec, ie. via spade connector, screw or something else? Finally for those who have purchased the Intellitec, where have you purchased from?
    Regards, Bruce, Lin An, Kenji & Suki (Our two Akitas)
    2019 Solitude 310GK-R
    2015 Ram 3500 Big Horn CC, TD, Aisin Tranny, DRW

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by BB&LAB View Post
    I am thinking of doing the same install with a new pump I just ordered and plan to not use the existing pump or switch wiring, except for the wet bay switch. I have a couple questions which are not clear to me. Like others I want to install a switch in the bathroom and another in the kitchen, and keep the switch in the wet bay, but I see a number of folks are installing momentary switches, my question is if I understand a momentary switch correctly, the pump will only run while the switch is depressed, making it a challenge to wash up, why not install on/off rocker switches, turn it on for as long as needed? My second question is, normally with a SPST switch there are 3-connections, one for power, one for the load and one for ground, so I am unclear how these switches are connected using the Intellitec controller? Third, looking at the Intellitec wiring diagram, I am curious how the connections are physically made to the intellitec, ie. via spade connector, screw or something else? Finally for those who have purchased the Intellitec, where have you purchased from?
    You can use momentary switches directly wired to the pump. The pump would run only when the switch is depressed.

There are typically two wires going to a typical switch. A ground is run directly to the light fixture. One wire going to the switch is power and the other wire goes to the light fixture (load). So the switch interrupts the power side. Of course it can also be wired the opposite way so that power goes to the fixture and the switch interrupts the ground.

The Intellitec uses spade connectors. I transitioned from the spade connector to a terminal strip. That way it is easier for me to make multiple connections to the terminal strip. I also put a light at each switch so I could tell whether the pump is on or not. I believe that I purchased my controller from Amazon. The switches hooked to the Intellitec controller interrupt the ground instead of the power. The setup works slick. I have one more switch to add for the second bathroom.

Let us know if you have more questions.

John
    2017 GMC Denali 3500 Crew Cab Std Bed - Anderson Ultimate Hitch
    2020 Grand Design Momentum 320G

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    94 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Jaymee317 View Post
    You can use momentary switches directly wired to the pump. The pump would run only when the switch is depressed.

There are typically two wires going to a typical switch. A ground is run directly to the light fixture. One wire going to the switch is power and the other wire goes to the light fixture (load). So the switch interrupts the power side. Of course it can also be wired the opposite way so that power goes to the fixture and the switch interrupts the ground.

The Intellitec uses spade connectors. I transitioned from the spade connector to a terminal strip. That way it is easier for me to make multiple connections to the terminal strip. I also put a light at each switch so I could tell whether the pump is on or not. I believe that I purchased my controller from Amazon. The switches hooked to the Intellitec controller interrupt the ground instead of the power. The setup works slick. I have one more switch to add for the second bathroom.

Let us know if you have more questions.

John
    Just to add a few points about John's post....

The momentary switches are used with the Intellitec controller because it only needs a momentary pulse to turn the pump on or off.

A SPST switch usually has only 2 lugs. As John said, 12v into one side and load on the other side such then when the switch is on power is passed through the switch to the load.

A SPST illuminated switch has 3 lugs. One for ground, one for 12v and one to the load. Just as with the non-illuminated SPST switch power passes from the 12v in side to the load side; the ground lug is so the light can light when the switch is on.

Having said all that, some of use put in separate lights to indicate (at every location) the pump circuit (pump) is on.

A good reference to the wiring is in my post #11 .
    Larry KE4DMG
    2022 F-350 KRU SRW LB - Airlift 5000+, ForScan, 37 RDS Aux Tank,
    2019 310GK-R - Sailuns; MorRyde IS; Disc Brakes; 20K Reese Goosebox
    Search kalakamods for my mods

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Nice job! But you did it the hard way. I wired one of these https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B000ZRXJY2 behind the switch at the control panel, then hung the remote in the bathroom. Done. Put the other remote in the passthrough in case I wanted to turn it on for the spray hose.

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by traveldawg View Post
    Just to add a few points about John's post....

The momentary switches are used with the Intellitec controller because it only needs a momentary pulse to turn the pump on or off.

A SPST switch usually has only 2 lugs. As John said, 12v into one side and load on the other side such then when the switch is on power is passed through the switch to the load.

A SPST illuminated switch has 3 lugs. One for ground, one for 12v and one to the load. Just as with the non-illuminated SPST switch power passes from the 12v in side to the load side; the ground lug is so the light can light when the switch is on.

Having said all that, some of use put in separate lights to indicate (at every location) the pump circuit (pump) is on.

A good reference to the wiring is in my post #11 .
    Thanks John and Larry, this makes it a little clearer for me. So if I understand your reply Larry regarding momentary switches, for argument sake, if I were to depress a monetary switch in the bathroom. it would activate the pump and the pump would remain on until the switch was depressed again, is this correct? Thanks for your help.
    Regards, Bruce, Lin An, Kenji & Suki (Our two Akitas)
    2019 Solitude 310GK-R
    2015 Ram 3500 Big Horn CC, TD, Aisin Tranny, DRW

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by BB&LAB View Post
    Thanks John and Larry, this makes it a little clearer for me. So if I understand your reply Larry regarding momentary switches, for argument sake, if I were to depress a monetary switch in the bathroom. it would activate the pump and the pump would remain on until the switch was depressed again, is this correct? Thanks for your help.
    That is correct IF you use the Intellitec controller. If you wire the momentary switch directly to the pump then you have to press and hold the switch to keep the pump running. As soon as you let go of the switch the pump stops. Just like a horn button on a car.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123