User Tag List

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    To answer your first question, the fuse for the backup camera/observation camera is in your truck. The camera is powered from the marker lights so there is no fuse in the trailer.
    I like this arrangement as @boyscout said, you can turn the camera on or off just by manually turning on your lights.
    Judy & Larry
    Ty and Ali the St Bernard drool machines
    Delta, British Columbia, GWN
    2019 Imagine 2150RB - lovingly christened “IM-A-GENE” towed by Dusty via Andersen 3350.
    2018 F150 SCREW 3.5 EcoBoost Lariat - respectfully christened “Dusty”.

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Skiddy View Post
    To answer your first question, the fuse for the backup camera/observation camera is in your truck. The camera is powered from the marker lights so there is no fuse in the trailer.
    I like this arrangement as @boyscout said, you can turn the camera on or off just by manually turning on your lights.
    That is good to know that there is no separate fuse on TT so, if there is no power when lights are on, it must be the wires.

Mentioned
    54 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Skiddy View Post
    To answer your first question, the fuse for the backup camera/observation camera is in your truck. The camera is powered from the marker lights so there is no fuse in the trailer. I like this arrangement as @boyscout said, you can turn the camera on or off just by manually turning on your lights.

Well... it depends on how the factory installed the power for the camera. As I said in post #10 above, that installation has been done at least several different ways, including wired to full-time power (as the CO and propane alarms and a few other things are). You'd hope to gawd that there would be a fuse somewhere in those circuits, in the trailer. The guy who found his camera powered by his kitchen fan circuit would have a 12-volt fuse in the fuse panel for the circuit powering his camera.

But yes, if they were wiring them all to the marker lights (is that too much to ask?!) then the only fuse would be in the truck.
    Mark - 2018 Solitude 310GK - 2017 F-350 diesel SRW short box - Pullrite Superglide hitch

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by boyscout View Post
    Well... it depends on how the factory installed the power for the camera. As I said in post #10 above, that installation has been done at least several different ways, including wired to full-time power (as the CO and propane alarms and a few other things are). You'd hope to gawd that there would be a fuse somewhere in those circuits, in the trailer. The guy who found his camera powered by his kitchen fan circuit would have a 12-volt fuse in the fuse panel for the circuit powering his camera.

But yes, if they were wiring them all to the marker lights (is that too much to ask?!) then the only fuse would be in the truck.
    Surprising that they do it differently for every trailer. They should wire it the same way for all trailers, preferably to the marker light! Actually, backup camera should be provided as a standard equipment, not an option.
    Thanks for your input anyway!

Mentioned
    54 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by tomilee View Post
    Surprising that they do it differently for every trailer. They should wire it the same way for all trailers, preferably to the marker light! Actually, backup camera should be provided as a standard equipment, not an option. Thanks for your input anyway!
    I admire your optimism. However if GD won't pay a foreman and an assembler enough to simply ensure that the camera power is wired properly and the same way on every trailer, they're not gonna be giving us a multi-hundred-dollar camera on every trailer.

Nice dream though!
    Mark - 2018 Solitude 310GK - 2017 F-350 diesel SRW short box - Pullrite Superglide hitch

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by boyscout View Post
    I admire your optimism. However if GD won't pay a foreman and an assembler enough to simply ensure that the camera power is wired properly and the same way on every trailer, they're not gonna be giving us a multi-hundred-dollar camera on every trailer.

Nice dream though!
    Yup first thing first!
    The workers should be paid enough first

Don’t give up on dreaming!
    It will come true one day!

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    My Solitude has the fuse for the camera behind the plastic cover over the bus bar. This is located up in front department where battery is located.

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by rlkerns View Post
    My Solitude has the fuse for the camera behind the plastic cover over the bus bar. This is located up in front department where battery is located.
    I heard someone also has a fuse in the battery compartment. I guess that is where it is.
    Thanks for the tip! I will check to see if my trailer also has a plastic cover around the battery location

Mentioned
    54 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by rlkerns View Post
    Is your camera powered by the marker lights circuit?

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    No, I do not have to use lights for it to work.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast