Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
    Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Fuse for backup camera - Imagine 2400bh

Hi,

Does anyone know where I can locate the fuse for backup camera?
    I installed a backup camera with the pre-installed wires, but there is no power.
    I checked all the fuse in the fuse panel, but I couldn’t find any blown fuse.
    It seems there is a separate fuse for the backup camera somewhere.

I found some posts saying it is standalone fuse in the battery compartment.
    I have no idea where it is.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.
    2020 Grand Design Imagine 2400BH
    2015 Mercedes GL450 - previous TV
    2019 RAM 2500 HD 6.7 Cummins Crewcab 6.4ft Bed 1850lbs payload - current TV

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by tomilee View Post
    Hi,

Does anyone know where I can locate the fuse for backup camera?
    I installed a backup camera with the pre-installed wires, but there is no power.
    I checked all the fuse in the fuse panel, but I couldn’t find any blown fuse.
    It seems there is a separate fuse for the backup camera somewhere.

I found some posts saying it is standalone fuse in the battery compartment.
    I have no idea where it is.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.
    My 2020 337RLS runs with the running lights. The running lights turn on the cameras.
    Sue & Bill
    Lansing, NY
    2017 Silverado 2500 Duramax High Country
    2020 Reflection 337RLS

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I confirmed all the signals light up properly, but still there was no power to the camera wires.
    Do you know where I can find fuse for the lights?
    2020 Grand Design Imagine 2400BH
    2015 Mercedes GL450 - previous TV
    2019 RAM 2500 HD 6.7 Cummins Crewcab 6.4ft Bed 1850lbs payload - current TV

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Did you plug into the tow vehicle and turn on your headlights to see if the camera comes on? That is how my camera is wired.
    2018 Reflection 315RLTS
    2023 F350 Lariat 6.7L/CC/LB/FX4

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I put the gear in reverse, but I am not sure whether the running light was on. I will try that out. Thanks for the tip!

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by tomilee View Post
    I put the gear in reverse, but I am not sure whether the running light was on. I will try that out. Thanks for the tip!
    You have a 2020 Imagine. On older models, the camera was wired in such a way that it was constantly on, draining the battery (and in my opinion, wearing out the components). Many of us tapped into the trailer’s lights so that the camera is only on when the TV is hooked up and the lights are turned to the ON position on the light switch. The AUTO setting on the lights won’t do. The lights have to actually be ON. Frustrating now, I know, but once you figure it out, you’ll be happy you don’t have to do the mod, as it was tight maneuvering and the light assembly needed re-sealing. (It would be helpful if you add a signature with your trailer model at the bottom).
    N
    Bruce and Nancy
    2018 Imagine 2150rb
    2011 Silverado 1500 5.3L

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    That is super helpful. It makes a lot of sense.
    I never drove it at night so, it could be the reason why it did not turn on.
    Yes it is 2020 Imagine 2400bh and my TV’s light was set to auto when I tested it.
    I will give it a shot this weekend.

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    42 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    If you still have an issue, give Grand Design Customer service a call. Have you vin # handy. I have found them to be very helpful.
    2018 Reflection 150 Series 220RK 5th wheel with 6K axle upgrade. B&W 25K OEM Companion, Steadyfast system, 2022 F350 SRW 6.7 King Ranch 8' bed, Trailer reverse lights, rear spare tire holder, storage tube, sumo springs, Victron MultiPlus 12/120/3000, and Solar

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by powerscol View Post
    If you still have an issue, give Grand Design Customer service a call. Have you vin # handy. I have found them to be very helpful.
    Thank you! I will test it out and call GD if it doesn’t solve the problem.

Mentioned
    54 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    @tomilee if you're lucky you've already got the advice you need. Your camera may work when you hook up to tow and turn on your vehicle's lights.

However Grand Design has a very checkered history in how they wire these... it seems that at least some of the installers just grab whatever hot wire they can find. IIRC at least one person here found that he had to turn on the kitchen fan to turn on the camera. Some are wired such that the camera is on all the time. Our first trailer was wired to the marker lights (which turn on when the truck lights are on, best option IMO) but our second trailer wasn't wired to anything - the installer had broken the connection when he/she pushed the wires back into the wall but whatever he/she had wired to wasn't the marker lights so I had to install my own wire down from the lights to the camera.

So, if turning on the truck's lights doesn't do it for you you won't be the first go have to ladder up there and start investigating with a voltage tester.

BTW since you mentioned it there's no easy way to make the camera come on only when you put the truck in reverse, and IMO that's not the most desirable anyway. We often use the camera as a "rear view mirror" while driving... just flick on the lights and the world behind comes into view.

Good luck.
    Last edited by boyscout; 11-06-2019 at 08:24 AM.
    Mark - 2018 Solitude 310GK - 2017 F-350 diesel SRW short box - Pullrite Superglide hitch

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast