User Tag List

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234
    Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Camera stays on even when disconnected from truck.

Mentioned
    54 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by rlkerns View Post
    No, I do not have to use lights for it to work. Camera stays on even when disconnected from truck.
    Thanks. Grand Design seems to do this several different ways; sounds like yours is one of the ones powered from the battery all the time?

Some people have installed a switch so they can turn off the camera.

Thanks for your reply.
    Mark - 2018 Solitude 310GK - 2017 F-350 diesel SRW short box - Pullrite Superglide hitch

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Great news! I just went to my TT to test it again with the lights on. It worked!! Thank you all for helping me out on this.

By the way, what would be the best angle for the camera? Currently, the camera is looking a bit farther than the bumper. This way, I can use the camera as a rear view mirror as well.
    Last edited by tomilee; 11-16-2019 at 03:58 PM.

Mentioned
    54 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by tomilee View Post
    By the way, what would be the best angle for the camera? Currently, the camera is looking a bit farther than the bumper. This way, I can use the camera as a rear view mirror as well.
    Sounds about perfect to me. You might get 10 other different opinions. Pick one.

Congrats on getting the camera working. The next part of the project is to agree with your wife / partner on clear hand signals that are made within view of the camera and that will give you the information you need to back into campsites. Some have offered advice in this forum about how to do that, but it's possible that none of it may work with your wife / partner.

Good luck.
    Mark - 2018 Solitude 310GK - 2017 F-350 diesel SRW short box - Pullrite Superglide hitch

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by boyscout View Post
    Sounds about perfect to me. You might get 10 other different opinions. Pick one.

Congrats on getting the camera working. The next part of the project is to agree with your wife / partner on clear hand signals that are made within view of the camera and that will give you the information you need to back into campsites. Some have offered advice in this forum about how to do that, but it's possible that none of it may work with your wife / partner.

Good luck.
    Thanks for the tip! I think that is a great idea to be able to see hand signals through the camera.

Happy camping and have a great weekend!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yes I just had the same problem
    I turned on the light on the truck and it worked
    Thanks guys

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234