User Tag List

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Mentioned
    54 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by beaumark View Post
    Battery disconnect is configured behind the battery. Depending on the layout. Bay lights, Ground Control Leveling power doesn’t go through the switch. I reconfigured it how I see it to work.
    @Troutd0g this is a good idea, simpler than installing a better battery switch but a caveat. You may not be immune to the disease of improving your trailer - many here are not - and adding additional battery(ies) is a common ailment. Like others I've installed this excellent battery switch:

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Built like a tank (unlike the factory switch) and smoothly and safely switches from one battery to another or both, or turns off absolutely everything. Definitely more work and expense to rework cabling and install it, but if you might succumb to upgrade-itis then the good work @beaumark recommends will be superfluous.
    Mark - 2018 Solitude 310GK - 2017 F-350 diesel SRW short box - Pullrite Superglide hitch

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I love upgrading things - great info guys thanks!
    Mark
    2020 Reflection 303RLS 2019 Ram 3500 SRW Laramie HO Cummins
    2018 Flagstaff Shamrock 21SS Hybrid (previous)

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Keep in mind that your trailers brakes depend on the on board battery if the breakaway switch is activated. If you do put in a battery master to completely disconnect the rig, make sure you take that into account either with a prominent label indicating that fact or by a dedicated connection to the battery for the breakaway switch.
    Rob, Chris and fur baby Maya - Follow us at rctravels.rmcd.ca
    2019 Solitude 374TH, Victron Multiplus II 3000 2x120, Cerbo GX, 6x Battle Born 100AH, 1800W Solar, Blue Sky CC's, Starlink
    2023 GMC Sierra Duramax Denali 4x4 DRW Longbox Crew Cab, Curt Q25

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I too found my battery almost dead after using the disconnect switch in the basement when I went to pick my trailer up from storage. Went and got a little Harbor Freight solar battery charger. Put it on front of hitch that gets some sun and just disconnect the cables from the battery. Takes less than 5 minutes. Battery is fully charged now when I pick it up.
    2018 Refection 303 RLS
    2014 F350 Crew Cab 6.7 Powerstroke SRW Long bed
    2011 Harley Davidson Road Glide Ultra
    Brenham, Tx

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12