User Tag List

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    No. Yes you can find 6 lug wheels that carry 4400 lbs. Sendel brand wheels. It is stamped on the inside if the wheel. 110 psi and 4400lb max. The tires I an using are Triangle TR656 14 ply trailer tires. Three trips cross country and no issue with them. 100 psi inflation. When I hit the I40, the speed limit is 75, so I crank up the cruise to 70, 75. No problem....And please don't askl me "why you going so fast"
    These tires
    https://www.ebay.com/itm/ST235-85R16...5cNQP7&vxp=mtr
    Last edited by phonemannn; 11-06-2019 at 07:04 PM.
    2017 F350 Lariat, Dual rear wheels
    2017 GD 311BHS

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Interesting idea..what did you upgrade to...size and load range..just purchased a 2020 imagine 2970

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We just purchased a GD Imagine 2970.. 2020 interested in what tire upgrade you decided on...

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by phonemannn View Post
    No. Yes you can find 6 lug wheels that carry 4400 lbs. Sendel brand wheels. It is stamped on the inside if the wheel. 110 psi and 4400lb max. The tires I an using are Triangle TR656 14 ply trailer tires. Three trips cross country and no issue with them. 100 psi inflation. When I hit the I40, the speed limit is 75, so I crank up the cruise to 70, 75. No problem....And please don't askl me "why you going so fast"
    These tires
    https://www.ebay.com/itm/ST235-85R16...5cNQP7&vxp=mtr
    can you tell us where these tires are made? and is there a special mounting procedure for them (as indicated in the ebay listing)?
    ~Dean

2019 Ford F250 Supercab, 6.2L
    2023 GD Imagine AIM 18BH
    2012 Harley FLHRC, Deep Purple,; 2012 Honda PCX150
    "Auctioneer, specializing in FL onsite auctions"

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Triangle tires are made in three different plants. Ohio, China, and Mexico. Mine are made in China, to USA specs, specifically to be exported to the USA. These tires will outlive your RV. They can be re-grooved, a true commercial tire. No special mounting procedure. That disclaimer is a CYA deal.
    2017 GD 311BHS

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by phonemannn View Post
    Triangle tires are made in three different plants. Ohio, China, and Mexico. Mine are made in China, to USA specs, specifically to be exported to the USA. These tires will outlive your RV. They can be re-grooved, a true commercial tire. No special mounting procedure. That disclaimer is a CYA deal.
    Interesting. that is the first I had heard of this brand tire. I always wondered what they were using on horse trailers, maybe this it.
    On another note, this may be the future of tires. They are being sold on John Deere commercial zero turn mowers.
    https://www.michelintweel.com/tweel-Turf.html
    ~Dean

2019 Ford F250 Supercab, 6.2L
    2023 GD Imagine AIM 18BH
    2012 Harley FLHRC, Deep Purple,; 2012 Honda PCX150
    "Auctioneer, specializing in FL onsite auctions"

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I found this company in another thread, https://www.boarwheel.com/ They have a wheel platform that mounts a 19.5 tire to our bolt patterns.
    Jerry & Kelly Powell
    Zebulon, NC
    2020 Solitude 390RK-R :target:

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ThePowells View Post
    I found this company in another thread, https://www.boarwheel.com/ They have a wheel platform that mounts a 19.5 tire to our bolt patterns.
    I don't see a wheel on that site for a 6 bolt pattern.....Am I missing it?
    2017 GD 311BHS

Rolling Along
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have been selling tires for over 30 years and I have sold many trailer tires to many friends. Most tire failures that I have been around, have been due to low tire pressure which results in higher heat and higher heat will often times result in tire failure. Trailer tires are rated at a higher load capacity than light truck tires without any good explanation why. There has to be a reason why trailer manufacturers have started installing load range G tires when they are by the numbers truly over kill. With tires that are a very heavy sidewall like a G, I recommend running max air pressure to keep heat down. When towing heavy, I always check tire temps to make sure they aren't running too hot. Many times a tire will develop a leak that is undetected, I.E. a nail and the pressure will slowly drop and as it drops the tire will start to get hot. When the tire gets too hot it will either loose the tread or completely blow out. It is my contention that the reason Firestone got a bad rap on the Ford explorer due to tires blowing out was the fault of the vehicle engineers that spec'd a tire with too low of a load rating and too low of inflation pressure to be safe when neglected. How many people check their air pressure weekly? Hence the government steps in and mandates tire monitoring systems. Many people seem to be on the Goodyear bandwagon lately and maybe the Assurance tires are OK, but I personally have had more Goodyear tires on trailers fail than any other brand. Included in these failures were 3 out of 4 Goodyear 225/75R16 H/T that were factory tires on my 2001 Holiday Rambler 5th wheel. They all suffered broken belts that showed up as a bulge in the tread. Luckily I saw each of them before they could grenade. Lately I have used Samson G, Carlisle G all steel, Carlisle F and Carlisle E trailer tires with zero failures and all are made in china. I have also sold a lot of Hercules trailer tires with no issues. On my old Holiday Rambler fifth wheel, I run LT 245/75R16 truck tires and have had zero failures. The 245 has a much higher load rating than the stock 225's did.
    2023 GMC 3500HD CCLB DRW Duramax L5P, Banks Derringer/Idash/CAI 60 gallon fuel transfer tank
    2018 Solitude 310GK with Kodiak disc brakes 4000 lb Dexter springs, frame stiffeners
    RETIRED Maint Supervisor, Certified Welder, ASE Master Tech, Owner tire shop

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12