User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Shower pressure, reducer, in faucet end of hose. ??

Hello,I have searched for the answer to my lack of shower pressure, but have not found anyone to address my particular issue? Looking at the shower head end, it appears I have no restrictor. When I remove the hose from the faucet, I see a black reducer with a hole in it. I remove this black plastic and put the hose back on the faucet, just to find out there is a hole under the threads of where I replaced the hose. As I turn on faucet water is released from below the threads from said hole. Removing he hose again from the faucet, looking closer there is a small rubber, removable flap. It blocks the hole below the threads, but only if I replace the black plastic reducer? If you have my type faucet, I know you kno what I’m talking about. Any thoughts on how I can add pressure to my shower with out replacing faucet outdoor be greatly appreciated. Thanks Tomm
    Last edited by 10sne1; 11-04-2019 at 11:52 AM.
    Lakeland FL.
    2016 1500 Ram Crew
    2019- imagine-2150RB

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Drill out the hole in the reducer to make it larger. Also check screen on incoming water connection to make sure it is clear. It does not take
    much to reduce water flow
    2020 Imagine 2670MK
    2017 Ram 3500 DRW

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks.. screen is clear. Looking at the plastic reducer again, the hole is as large as it can be without messing up the plastic reducer. Looking into finding something to pull thru the hole in the bottom of the faucet to block flow, so I can remove plastic reducer completely. ???
    Lakeland FL.
    2016 1500 Ram Crew
    2019- imagine-2150RB

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    If you want more flow, why not just change out the whole shower faucet and hose assembly? I added an inline shut off mounted on top of the faucets as the shut off on the plastic head is hard for my vertically challenged (short) wife to reach. We don’t mind the flow rate as the two of us tend to fill the Grey#2 tank in a couple of days.
    Judy & Larry
    Ty and Ali the St Bernard drool machines
    Delta, British Columbia, GWN
    2019 Imagine 2150RB - lovingly christened “IM-A-GENE” towed by Dusty via Andersen 3350.
    2018 F150 SCREW 3.5 EcoBoost Lariat - respectfully christened “Dusty”.

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    A bit of a different track for the subject. I have had problems with mineral deposits. Yes, I know, I need to install a water softener and filter, getting around to it. But the shower was starting to just dribble, really poor flow. I took the head off the end of the hose, dumped it and a quart of vinegar in a bucket, covered it with water, then took it out the next day, I had good flow.

May not be related, just sharing.
    Dallas
    2017 Momentum 376TH, 2019 Ford F450, Dual Rear Wheel, 4x4, diesel.
    2015 Harley-Davidson Street, XG750

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Wish me luck,
    I closed the little hole with “ plastic epoxy” waiting for it to dry. With the hole covered with. My finger the pressure was almost doubled! Can’t figure why this hole and rubber cover was designed into the faucet. If this fails, I’ll be looking to replace the shower faucet.
    Lakeland FL.
    2016 1500 Ram Crew
    2019- imagine-2150RB

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Happy happy joy joy.the epoxy in the hole has cured and made the pressure great. With such a crazy nice large shower we look to enjoy it to its fullest. End of report....
    Lakeland FL.
    2016 1500 Ram Crew
    2019- imagine-2150RB