User Tag List

Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: TOGO internet

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Jims94vmx View Post
    Does this boost a campground WiFi as well? Is it password protected?
    I would say somewhat -- It has 3 WIFI antenna inside the dome and if installed on top of your RV I would say you would have a better/stronger signal. Now I don't think it boosted electrically or at least it not mention in the docs that I have seen.
    Dennis & Ellie
    Current 2017 Newmar Ventana Class A & 1994 Airstream Excella Classic Limited Project
    Sold - 310-GK-R Delivered 28 Oct 2016
    2016 GMC Denali 1 Ton Diesel SRW Payload 3727LBS B&W Hitch

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks, was trying to figure out the WiFi part
    Jim and Belinda H. Pa.

2018 337RLS- 2nd ac, dual pane windows, table and chairs, Kodiak disc brakes 12-28-17 (Thanks Ed!)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Been watching this thread like others and am very, very interested! The one thing we are trying to eliminate is no connectivity at a campsite. So if ATT regular LTE phone service is not available (or spotty at best), would this device actually be strong enough to pull the signal down for us? If so, I would be going down to the store tomorrow! I currently have T-Mobile for phone service and just spent the better part of two weeks at two different state parks with next to no phone service, and looking for a solution! Thanks!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hi, it doesn't boost the signal, but if mounted/placed on the roof, it may pick up the campground WIFI better. Also, with the 4G, you can alternate between the 4G and wifi when one gets "flaky".

Mentioned
    83 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Do any of you current users also have an AT&T cell phone? Reason I am asking is my personal cell is Verizon and my business cell is AT&T. Nikki and I camp many places where my AT&T has no service at all, and my Verizon often will at 3G. So, what I'm wondering is if your AT&T cell phone can't find service, but the TOGO is powerful enough to find it?

I'm afraid to make the investment because of this concern, but otherwise seems like a good deal if it can be reliable.

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We currently use the AT&T Mobley device with an Unlimited plan for around $22 a month and it works in both our truck (OBDII port) and in our fiver (with an adapter). Other than the antenna dome on the roof that probably gets better reception, what is the difference between the Mobley and the ToGo?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by geotex1 View Post
    Do any of you current users also have an AT&T cell phone? Reason I am asking is my personal cell is Verizon and my business cell is AT&T. Nikki and I camp many places where my AT&T has no service at all, and my Verizon often will at 3G. So, what I'm wondering is if your AT&T cell phone can't find service, but the TOGO is powerful enough to find it?

I'm afraid to make the investment because of this concern, but otherwise seems like a good deal if it can be reliable.
    Yes, that is the situation where we're at now. The cell phone coverage with AT&T is pretty much non-existant. We are using wifi-calling for our phones. The Togo connection is significantly better.
    2016 Grand Design Reflection 313RLTS
    2020 Riverstone 39FK
    2016 Ford F350 Super Duty 6.7L Powerstroke Lariat 2WD DRW

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by jim1521 View Post
    Yes, that is the situation where we're at now. The cell phone coverage with AT&T is pretty much non-existant. We are using wifi-calling for our phones. The Togo connection is significantly better.
    When you say wifi calling, do you mean your accessing the campground wifi and making calls that way or is the Togo picking up data better than your cell phone?

Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    [QUOTE=Senior Chief;266258]
    Quote Originally Posted by outkatn View Post
    I just installed my new TOGO by Winegard today. I received the unit last week and temporarily set it up inside my RV and set it on a countertop. The speed test was 8 times faster than my Verizon hotspot.

Today, I installed it on the roof and was thrilled that it doubled the speed I was getting inside on the countertop. The rural area I'm located has its challenges when it comes to internet and I'm excited to see what kind of speed I will see when I get a much better AT&T cell signal.

The $360/yr unlimited plan sounds great, but I'll reserve judgement until I use it for a while. Do any of you guys have any experience with the TOGO?[/QUOTE

I've read some folks had problems setting up their AT&T account and getting the antenna to work.
    You say your test was eight times faster than a Verizon hotspot. Can you give us some numbers for a reference? At home, using my phone, I can consistently get download speeds @ 70+Mbs and upload @ 7+Mbs.
    I just returned Friday from a trip down the Eastern coast, Pennsylvania to Georgia, and saw 15 to 50 Mbs download speeds. I will add the campgrounds I was staying at were close to more populated areas so a better chance of a good signal and more bandwidth. By tethering the phone I was able to get over 50Gb before they slowed it down and that was only during peak hours (morning drive and dinner times).
    2018 F150 XLT 301a, Screw, 4x4, HDPP, Max tow, Andersen Ultimate w/ Curt Double Lock hitch.
    2019 Grand Design Reflection 150 series 260RD.... SOLD!!!!.

Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    In case anyone wants to check. The Open Signal app on your phone can, in a matter of minutes, give you a good idea of what to expect. There are speed and video tests on the home page to check your current connection. There is a coverage map a few tabs over. You can check for all coverage or customize your desired network and coverage speed although it seems 2g & 3g are pretty much obscure these days. This is a crowdsourced app which means that if you do a test and allow the results to be shared they use it to build a data base. I've been using it since 2011 when LTE first came out, I had to go work on the road for a few years so the phone was my lifeline to a secure data connection. I used Open Signal to check for the best connection as towers were spotty back then. Even at home I've watched the LTE signal be just barely enough to transfer data to what I have now.
    https://www.opensignal.com/apps
    2018 F150 XLT 301a, Screw, 4x4, HDPP, Max tow, Andersen Ultimate w/ Curt Double Lock hitch.
    2019 Grand Design Reflection 150 series 260RD.... SOLD!!!!.

Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast